PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a new type of Bimini??

finga
19-09-2007, 08:16 AM
A mate just sent a link for these.
He wants to put one on his tinny and has fished out of his mates boat for a while that has one and he reckons they're great.
How good are they with no straps and crap???
http://www.undercovercanvas.com.au/ProductsKingfisher.asp
Good idea about how you can fold one 1/2 and leave the other 1/2 up too I reckon.

Cheers Scott :)

PS I'm not affiliated with this mob but I wished I was 'cause I reckon they'd sell a few :D

Tangles
19-09-2007, 01:00 PM
I am looking at one of these as well, they look the business, just have to decide if i really want a Bimini

cheers
Mike

Dr_Dan
19-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Might cause some problems if up and underway? Fair bit of pressure on them, look to be fairly lightweigth. But look easy enough to set up and take down when underway on the water on the highway

Dirtysanchez
19-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Come on Scotty, you should just weld a piece of ally tube into your tinny and put up a large umbrella ;D

Russ

finga
19-09-2007, 02:19 PM
What do you mean should have a brolly in the boat??
I have ;)

Apparently my mates mate has one on his 4.75m Stessl Truck and hasn't a problem in the world when he's full noise.

vector
19-09-2007, 02:59 PM
i did a few days work expierience with them, to ME they looked a little too big and restrictive im pretty sure they were charging about a K for one to suit a 12ft tinny
they might be good for a slow tinny in a river but i really think theyd slow you down there bloody huge. but they are a very well made product.

Dirtysanchez
19-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Good on you champ, I have seen more than one brolly in a tinny in me day, nothing wrong with that.....:-[ ahem..
Anyway, back to the program ;D

juju
19-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Reckon it would be interesting if you had a fair bit of pawer on the back...light bow....lot of area under there for some lift

Roughasguts
19-09-2007, 05:43 PM
It's not bad, but it needs to convert to a rocket launcher aswell.

NAGG
19-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Good on you champ, I have seen more than one brolly in a tinny in me day, nothing wrong with that.....:-[ ahem..
Anyway, back to the program ;D

Just installing my holder for the beach umbrella ::) I'll post photos when installed:) ...... Personally I dont like biminis on a Hornet ... but after 2 weeks of 12 hour days under the NQ sun up some mangrove creek with no wind .... you need some cover when your sittin back havin a break!! ... Installation takes 15 seconds (not real good underway or in a wind though ;) ) Nagg

KGW3
20-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Looks shocking... But anything would be better than the crappy canopy that you get when you buy the Packaged boats. When you sit, you can see a winscreen frame and 150mm of vinyl.. When you stand, you have to lean at 45 deg to get your head out.. and reach down to your knees to find the steering wheel.. Who on earth designs these things ???

deek
20-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Mmmmmmm, could be useful as a new version of kite surfing;D

Roo
20-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Just installing my holder for the beach umbrella ::) I'll post photos when installed:) ...... Personally I dont like biminis on a Hornet ... but after 2 weeks of 12 hour days under the NQ sun up some mangrove creek with no wind .... you need some cover when your sittin back havin a break!! ... Installation takes 15 seconds (not real good underway or in a wind though ;) ) Nagg
The brolly or beach umbrella in a vertical rod holder works a treat for little tinnies. easy up, easy down and packs away pretty neatly.

SteveM01
20-09-2007, 08:18 PM
How about this, it's gives you shade anywhere on the boat and doesn't get in the way when casting?

beelsabub
22-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Might cause some problems if up and underway? Fair bit of pressure on them, look to be fairly lightweigth. But look easy enough to set up and take down when underway on the water on the highway
Has anyone actually seen or used one of these in person?:-/