PDA

View Full Version : Dedication

oldboot
15-09-2007, 10:06 PM
I was wandering back fron having a look at a prospective land based fishing spot this afternoon and saw this guy arrive.

A rather tall, well spoken obviously english gentleman.
Dressed in the style of an english angler.... long trousers, long sleves, floppy hat and wellington boots.

He arrived with a 12'(ish) rod and the mandatory bucket and bag of gear.
We exchanged pleasntries in passing.

the inreresting thing was what his mode of transport was.

He arrived on a shiny red 50cc moped;D

I didn't se him actualy roll in, just unloading.

I would have liked to see the red moped with a 12' rodd straped on driving down the road piloted by a tall bloke in wellington boots.

cheers

alfish
15-09-2007, 11:02 PM
:d :d :d :d :d :d
:-/

tunaticer
15-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Sounds like Mr Bean.

Mr__Bean
16-09-2007, 05:07 AM
It wasn't me.....

finga
16-09-2007, 06:12 AM
When I was a kid I had a rodholder on the back of the Malvern Star.
It was strapped to the leg of the rack and the old creel got strapped to the rack (It wasn't flash enough the have on of those spring loaded gismo's to hold every thing on the rack).
I used to peddle all around the Lismore district tossing some lures and spinners for perch and on holidays down at Evans the beach rod went in.
Those were the good old days :)

There's a guy who uses a little motorcycle on the beach down at Evans. Saves a lot of walking and the expense of the 4X4 I reckon :)

Dan5
16-09-2007, 07:05 AM
Yeah i used to tape my fishing rod to my bike when i was a kid and then ride about 30km to go luring for reddies/trout and bring em home in the old hesian backpack.Are you sure that guy wasn't sherlock holmes?Dan.......

tigermullet
16-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Old Boot, That bloke you saw was Elvis.

After escaping from Memphis (he didn't die from a drug overdose or anything like that) he made his way to Newcastle and managed a 711 store there for many years. That sent him a little batty and he retired to Queensland and took up land based fishing. Too much rock and roll on a boat, you see.