PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to freswater fishing/wuruma dam advice please

scott walker
14-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Gday

In a couple of weeks will be going camping to Wuruma Dam near Eidsvold North Burnett Qld. Dam very turbid low water levels stocked with Barrimundi Bass Yellow Belly, native pop of Eel Tailed Catfish and Spangled Perch. Ive got a basic setup with Surf Rod and a couple of Boat Rods, saltwater tackle. Limited experience with freshwater fishing. Will be taking boat but mostly bank fishing.

Looking for any advice re tackle setup, set lines setup, trolling and lure fishing techniques etc. Not looking at spending alot of money, and while appreciate good gear equals fish Im more concerned with kicking back with a chance of a few fish rather that a more committe gung ho approach and spending bid dollars on gear unlikely to use on a regular basis.

I know you could write 10 books in response but really only looking for commensense tips to the above. Im a big fan of Ell Tailed Catfish as a table fish so any hints here greatly appreciated. Some basic advice re soft plastics and lures down to what brand at ##### ######### I should buy and how these should be cast and received would also be great.

Thanks for taking the time in reading the above and providingg some much needed advice. Will post pics of any fish I catch with a bit of luck and direction from you experts.

Scott

Awoonga
14-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Yes, its was stocked with those species..They did have a large fish kill about 8 months ago.... its at 1% at the moment...So fishing could be a bit hard ...

Tropicaltrout
15-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Take worms from home might be had to find out there for the jewies and a gold bomber or what ever for the barra I hear its very low as Awoonga said so it could be tough but all fish have got to eat.

tt