PDA

View Full Version : monduran bound

Basil2
12-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey guy's I am heading to monduran this monday coming with a few mates,hoping to catch a barra or 2. Any tips to help us out would be appreciated as we have not been there before. thanks Basil2;D

Steve B
12-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Basil,

They are going OK at the moment. I went up today again, Got 115cm and 100cm and my mate lost a bigger fish. Plus we had another 10 or so swipes, swirls and general enquires!! Tips:

Find warm water
Find shallow water
Use B52 lures with Owner trebbles
wind lure slowly.
use GPS so not to get lost.
look out for submerged stumps. they hurt props and transducers, trust me:-[

Cheers steve

Ben G
12-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Hi steve , i fished all sunday for one touch and 1 cat fish , do you travel far from the main basin before you start fishing. So many fishy lookin spots there, its hard to stay focussed on 1 spot. I will be back soon though.
Cheers Ben

Basil2
12-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Thanks steve for the tips, will try our best. It will be fun either way sure beats being at work Basil2

BR65
12-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Basil,
so many trees, so little time.
Sounds like the fish are still in the shallows warming up, do a search on recent reports should give a few clues.
Im up in early November, first spot to try will be B arm, cant wait
cheers Brian

Steve B
12-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Ben, Your so right, it is hard to stay focused. Everytime I go up there I say "oh that timber looks fishy", then you go around a corner and there is more of the same!!!!

Tip: Go far!!! find warm water;)

cheers steve.

Basil, Go and see John at Foxies tackle shop in Gin Gin. He will give you the right mail on whats happening. I reckon you will get into them !!!

McCod
12-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Steves got it in the first reply :thumbup: Ya could try some top water stuff as well!
Looks like a new PB eh Steve! C Ya soon ;)

Cheers Les

Rob_Bartlett
13-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Steve is right on the money there. Find some shallow water in the backs of bays with some timber. I found fish in almost every bay that looked good on Monday afternoon. B52's were the standout in silver and gold and speed wasn't so critical. Once I found the warmer water the fish turned on. Over 75'F was the magic temp for me. Not sure what that is in celcius. In a few bays there were heaps of fish visible but these were slightly cooler and the fish were not interested in eating. In the warmer areas there were not many fish visible but they were willing to eat. I caught 3 from about 15 hits, 1005, 960 an 945mm. Finally cracked the metre!!!! I think the missed hookups may have been more territorial than actual attacks to feed. In some bays a splash down of the lure got up to 20 fish scattering from there warming slumber. Areas I fished were between 4 and 8 feet deep.

Rob

Steve B
13-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Thanks Les, I will try and post some pics when I get them.

Going out with Foxie and another mate tommorrow again......make hay while the sun shines I reckon!!! then back to work!:-[ Cant argue too much, going to hinchenbrook week after next;D ;D

cheers steve