PDA

View Full Version : The Gold Coast?

Donza
12-09-2007, 02:24 PM
In a week work is sending me to the goldy for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping to take a some rods with me. I will be working from 9 in the morning and was going to try and get out early looking to catch some bass.
Can anyone give me some advice on where to head? I'd like to try and spend as much time fishing as i do travelling(by car). I'll be staying pretty much in the centre of town. Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Donny

Jeremy87
12-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Take a spin stick and a few hard bodies and rubbers. get out the street directory, beacon to beacon and google earth and look for bridges and parks that cross over the skinny water of any of the rivers. I say any because they all have bass in them down there the coomera, nerang, currumbin, tallebugera tweed. As long as it has fresh constant fresh water then there is a chance. Don't be affraid to go right up the top of the waterway aswell. Walk the bank and wade where possible upstream (casting upstream makes fisghting fish easier and makes you less likely to disturb the fish). I've caught bass in 20cm of water but the deep holes with overhanging trees are always best.
Good luck
Jeremy

yellahunter
12-09-2007, 05:23 PM
mate as a gold coast local youd be better off fishing hinze dam at the moment.
the skinny water bass down here are few and far between unless you have a spot or two up your sleeve away from everyone else,

the other thing is that a lot of the water is gone that was there say two or three years ago, a few of my old producers are dry now.

try the dam just fish the points which look as though they drop into deeper water, getting around at the moment shouldnt be too bad as the grass is a long way back from the water. heres a hint, park at the western ramp and walk past the old quary until u hit the big part of the western arm it drops away pretty quick there, just flick lures until u locate the schools.

hope that helps a bit.,

good luck

Ben

big schlong
12-09-2007, 07:06 PM
donza if you would like to go out while you are on the gold coast just give me a phone call on 0421 243250 would be more than happy to take you out on a sat or sunday will save the driving looking for them regards peter

Donza
12-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the help fella's and I might just take you up on that peter. I'm a Vic country boy and haven't had much opportunity to chase bass. So I'm looking forward to this little trip.

big schlong
13-09-2007, 05:07 PM
no probs donny what weeks do you think you will be on the coast