PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Women

jamesryan30
11-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Any advise on how to leash the cook from fishing adventures???

God bless er;D

kazzz101
11-09-2007, 09:56 PM
:laola: good luck

go girls :D

VoodooChile78
11-09-2007, 10:44 PM
I take mine with me...she is damn good at collecting bait (gets more yabbies than I do), can fish well and baits her own hooks...fillets the fish, guts them and cleans them...now that is a wife!

I can't think of anything fishing wise she does not do well! Leave her at home? Not in a million years!

Chas & Clarry
11-09-2007, 11:12 PM
I can't think of anything fishing wise she does not do well! Leave her at home? Not in a million years!

I'm with you Voodoo...Clarry and I bought our first tinny together well before we got married and moved in together!!! ;D

Chas

Marlin_Mike
12-09-2007, 05:23 AM
Ditto my wife more often than not out fishes me. Leave her at home? No way Jose;D

Mike

Synful
12-09-2007, 06:52 AM
I'm with you Voodoo...Clarry and I bought our first tinny together well before we got married and moved in together!!! ;D

Chas

Now that's Commitment!!! ;D

Synful
12-09-2007, 06:57 AM
I take mine with me...she is damn good at collecting bait (gets more yabbies than I do), can fish well and baits her own hooks...fillets the fish, guts them and cleans them...now that is a wife!

Whoa!!!

Does her dad own a brewery as well !?!?!? 8-)
I think that one's a keeper Voodoo :)

Synful
12-09-2007, 07:06 AM
How do you guys get them to go in the first place?

Mine won't go fishing period; but with the new boat In the coming weeks I'm hopeful that she will change the tune as my little boy is also counting down the days till it's here and she will have to come along for the fuel tests to make sure that he doesn't go for a dunking.

Even with a life jacket up here it's not good for your life expectancy to go swimming in the water due to floating handbags.

Have to hope that she latches onto a decent sized one to change her mind as we're taking some rods to have a drift with some SP's on the way back to the ramp ::)

VoodooChile78
12-09-2007, 07:14 AM
It's one of those things...finding the perfect woman...and no her father does not own a brewery! Can't have it all!

I am lucky my wife was raised in Lapland, Finland...so she is used to getting outdoors etc

Just sucks when she outfishes me! lol

Little grey men
12-09-2007, 08:35 AM
I took my wife and my two year old daughter fishing once down on the beach at Redcliffe.......my boy and I have agreed that that will not be happening again....somehow we ended up shopping for clothes and shoes at the Sunday morning markets after about an hours fishing.
Still not sure how she pulled that one off.

Noelm
12-09-2007, 09:00 AM
been married for 32 years now and my wife and I still fish together sometimes, even though our fishing style has changed from a full on Game Fishing only thing to more sedate fishing, she loves Flathead spinning and whiting fishing, but I still do everything I can, and she has caught some very big Game Fish as well as being an expert trailer reverser and/or boat holder and fish cleaner and cooker! and likes a Beer as well.

jimbamb
12-09-2007, 01:55 PM
When you take her out Follow these rules
Make sure you position the boat so _she__ has a good shot at the snags etc
Plenty of encouragement
Dont nag about getting cobbles(birdsnests),snags,loseing lures etc.
Dont hang sh#t on her if she loses a fish.
Soon you will find she loves it and will want to go more often.
I get just as much pleasure out of seeing her catch a fish as getting one myself.
and we have been fishing together for 38 years.Its worth the patience required in my opinion
I recon some other blokes can add to the list.
Good luck JIM

Dirtysanchez
12-09-2007, 02:15 PM
1st time I took my wife out in my boat, Longgggg before we even thought about Marriage, I went out over a bar in NSW, and well she pooped.. The only other boating experience she had had was on the Fairstar, so this was a whole new world. She was not confortable at how close we were to the water, and well, having waves coming towards you was the end of it.

Now we are married, and for a while I had a tinny, she tried again, came out once and we almost got swamped by some nob in a mega boat, so thats it..never again :(

My son is almost old enough now so we'll see how it goes in about 12 months time :)

AutoPilot
12-09-2007, 02:16 PM
My wife bought us a tinnie...before we were married..That was down payment for a newer one...then we went bigger again no 3......
She also Yabbies,de hooks,fillets & scales her own...we have been fishing together for over 15 years now.( along with the two kids )......
Also she lets me go for a boys w/end....ocasionally.
"HOW GOOD IS THAT"

Cheers
Scott

samson
12-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Sounds like you've got a bad problem there, which ain't easy to fix maybe take her crabbing and let her tie them up or punch through the bar on a big swell day,let her cut up the burly, who knows sounds bad you could always sleep in different beds and sneak out, i feel for you i don't have that problem my missus don't eat seafood or like catching it, nothing better than eating all the mud crabs,prawns,bugs,fish,scollops,lobsters without having to share one bite doesn't get any better.

Boomi Boy
12-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Would rather go fishing with my missus than anyone else. I consider myself a very lucky man. She can be relied upon to catch us a feed, usually on a humble worm, when all my hi-tech lures and gizmos have failed. She will come offshore with me in our 4 mtre tinny, never gets seasick, and never winges to go back. We overnight sometimes, and I,m not to sure how many girls will spend 24hrs in an open tinny, let alone on a freezing tableland impoundment. As long as I take enough of her beloved VB and am prepared to be the designated driver she is the best crew a man could have.
Here,s to you Mandy, thanks for all the wonderful trips and honest opinions!!!
p.s. next time we go can I have a turn of the new combo that I saved weeks for that seems to be stuck in your rod holder, please!!

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mumjc1.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000221lr6.jpg

http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000218qb8.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000185cm9.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000149zv9.jpg

kazzz101
12-09-2007, 11:31 PM
yous two sound like peas in a pod,,,on to yous now,, i love fishing :whip: go girls

Sounds like you've got a bad problem there, which ain't easy to fix maybe take her crabbing and let her tie them up or punch through the bar on a big swell day,let her cut up the burly, who knows sounds bad you could always sleep in different beds and sneak out, i feel for you i don't have that problem my missus don't eat seafood or like catching it, nothing better than eating all the mud crabs,prawns,bugs,fish,scollops,lobsters without having to share one bite doesn't get any better.

Davemclean
13-09-2007, 01:05 AM
I would love it if my gf came fishing with me, lol

dogsbody
13-09-2007, 05:49 PM
How do you guys get them to go in the first place?

Mine won't go fishing period; but with the new boat In the coming weeks I'm hopeful that she will change the tune as my little boy is also counting down the days till it's here and she will have to come along for the fuel tests to make sure that he doesn't go for a dunking.

Even with a life jacket up here it's not good for your life expectancy to go swimming in the water due to floating handbags.

Have to hope that she latches onto a decent sized one to change her mind as we're taking some rods to have a drift with some SP's on the way back to the ramp ::)

GGday Andrew, Mate you could try and take her somewhere in the boat for lunch. Find a nice spot to put the feed bag on then stop somewhere for a short fish don't go and bore the shit out of her fishing for hours. Remember it's a slowly slowly approach. Oh and avoid rough conditions that will put her off real quick.

Dave.

Chimo
13-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Aah the horse whispering method.

Tried it,:'( didn't work with mine,

still looking for a more certain method :P maybe a boat love drug? ;)

Cheers
Chimo

or I need to advertise for a Boat Wife / Alternate ::)

Great White
13-09-2007, 07:36 PM
I take mine with me ::)

Boom Chicka Wah Wah ;D :o :P

haggis
13-09-2007, 09:31 PM
I take my wife fishing every trip only cos she makes better sandwiches & coffee than I do . only problem is she always catches fish . Has even beat me in the barra dept ..tells everyone so she does . but she made me trade the little boat for a little bigger boat last year & now she wants to trade up again after going to the boat show . jeez I love my wife !!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers fae haggis ........................

Synful
13-09-2007, 09:32 PM
GGday Andrew, Mate you could try and take her somewhere in the boat for lunch. Find a nice spot to put the feed bag on then stop somewhere for a short fish don't go and bore the shit out of her fishing for hours. Remember it's a slowly slowly approach. Oh and avoid rough conditions that will put her off real quick.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Good thinking there and will give it a bash.

Sure junior will also appreciate the opportunity to have a feed of something in the boat; at 3 going for a "boat picnic" is a good incentive to make him wan to come along and of course as a by product - the Minister for finance will have to come along too :)

Reef_fisher
14-09-2007, 02:46 PM
All of that and the occassional topless sunbake, can't do that with your mate.

snelly1971
14-09-2007, 03:43 PM
My wife just loves fishing...She really sulks when i leave her at home....so its best to make her happy and let her tag along...

SgBFish
14-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Dogsbody is spot on.
Except for the first trip leave the rods at home and introduce them to the boat. If you have kids that includes them. Pick the RIGHT day and have fun. Don’t go too far. Take a footy and play on the beach with the kids they love it or if its just the two of you take lunch. A tip my old man gave me is if your kids are small put them in their life jackets and let them play in the boat at home. That way at the ramp they should be more acclimatised.
Come home early before conditions change. The worst thing you can do is scare them early.
My kids now get filthy if I leave them home to go offshore…
Oh well summer will be here soon and we will have a favourite saltbush tree at Moreton to ourselves again and the kids can run a muck while mum and dad sit back and think how lucky we are.
Ps.
Once they are comfortable and confident with you and the boat you can do a lot more. For example the last time we had to do a passage in less than favourable conditions they didn’t bat an eyelid.
Scott

jamesryan30
15-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Hey All Thanks for all the tips I faught last weekend with the Mrs as to who should be driving the boat to the ramp. I love her dearly though. Close to first degree but will take second possibly self defense

Roger that

SS Mino