PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Fuel Monitor

snelly1971
10-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Just a quick question...The new tub has twin 115 2002 4S Yammies....How does Yammies fuel monitoring compare to Navmans Fuel Monitor...

Cheers Mick

Far side
11-09-2007, 06:07 AM
Hey mick
The yammies have their own fuel management system I did a test drive in a boat with a 115 yammie fitted. The system needed calibrating (they ran out of fuel) once it was calibrated it was fine. I would seriously look and see if they have an nmea interface so you can connect it to the GPS etc you then get the info straight from the motor computer (very accurate) I Know the suz work on the latest motors. I currently use the navman fuel flow meter but am changing to the nmea interface. with the big distances in rough conditions that you do I would imagine that accurate fuel monitoring is important

regards
mark

snelly1971
11-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks Mark...I was just curious to know if the Yammie Fuel Montoring was as accurate as Navmans....

Mick

Any_Weather
11-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi Mick, mate I am running F150A Yamaha 4 stroke and use the Yamaha fuel management and find it to be extremelly accurate. If anything, it says you use slightly more fuel than you do but the difference is slight. I would highly recommend it but also I have not had anything to do with the Navman one so it may well be a vialble option also. The Yamaha unit also has a synchronising feature for running 2 outboards as you are but I really dont know how this works.

Lee

honda900
11-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Mick,

I looked at a yamaha fuel flow meter, but the cost was ridiculous. The meter is the same it is an inline fuel meter. I installed the ep10 from lowrance, which integrates into my sounder, rather than have another gauge. I also like the fact that the nmea network now provides me with additional options to install other components, all of which I can see displayed on my sounder.

I have found that I have the callibration process can get a a little skewed if you dont update the data correctly though.

Regards
Honda

captain rednut
11-09-2007, 09:22 PM
i found the yamaha fuel computer totally a waste of hard earned dollars and the positives are the exercise i got walking the beach at moreton island carting fuel back to the boat. i lost 2kgs

snelly1971
11-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Hi Mick, mate I am running F150A Yamaha 4 stroke and use the Yamaha fuel management and find it to be extremelly accurate. If anything, it says you use slightly more fuel than you do but the difference is slight. I would highly recommend it but also I have not had anything to do with the Navman one so it may well be a vialble option also. The Yamaha unit also has a synchronising feature for running 2 outboards as you are but I really dont know how this works.

Lee

Thanks Lee..seems strange that your saying it ok when Captain rednut is not happy with his...I have already owned a Navman Fuel Flow meter on my last boat and was very happy with it....I was sort of in two mind if it was worth the expense to purchase the Navman one as well..

Mick