PDA

View Full Version : who can make me stickers?

B_E_N
10-09-2007, 04:29 PM
anyone know any good places that will print me custom design stickers the wont cos tme an arm and a leg, looking for small ones on clear backgrounds.
thanks

The BeaR
10-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Hi Ben...

Try Signs of Safety, Beach st, Kippa ring. They do a good quality sticker on clear(the 7 year vinyl is good), not sure of how custom they go but worth a try. Ask for Danny.

Eric&Deb

Marlin_Mike
11-09-2007, 06:08 AM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/sticker/

B_E_N
11-09-2007, 10:19 AM
can you put a custom logo on the ausfish design, just looks like text text to me

jan
11-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Ben what size are you after and how many?. I know a bloke who knows a bloke and we got 40 done for about $80.00 (Brisbane area) in plane gold text on clear sheet (his boat name) for 40 custom rods he had made for his boat. unfortunately if you want pics etc then have to prob. go to a speciality shop like I had to, although I got 500 done at $175.00. If larger stickers for boats etc then there is a place in Newcastle here that is very cheap but they make great stickers.
Cheers, Jan.

Ausfish
11-09-2007, 05:29 PM
If you are after stickers on clear to put on rods then I can't help you. I only do the die cut vinyl ones.

I think Roz or Phill have a contact if you want the small ones for rods.

finga
11-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Hey Steve,
How small can you do the lettering??

blaze
11-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Hi Scott
I can do about 5 mm on my plotter with a new blade so I reckon steve could do the same. Its not so much cutting them but weeding them out (removing excess after cut) before aplying the apt tape, this takes time and means dollars so more often its not cost effective.
cheers
blaze

finga
11-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Ta mate.
Welcome back. How was the trip??

DR
11-09-2007, 08:12 PM
if you want a price i can get them printed by the square meter, thats a lot of little rod stickers, maybe a few of you can get together & do a mixed set. i can help with artwork. just PM me if you need more info.
cheers
Dave

dogsbody
11-09-2007, 09:13 PM
pm biosbro (matt)he owns a screenprinting shop.

Dave.

Ausfish
12-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Yep, what Blaze said :-)

B_E_N
27-09-2007, 11:25 AM
hey gang, just found a source that seems promising, quick to reply to emails and has qouted me for clear back ground 17mm x 48mm stickers qty 50 starts at $26, their site is coastallabels .com.au have not ordered mine yet but will prob do so today once my design is finshed!

email michael through their link and just ask him some questions about what you want, hes been replying within 5 min to me!

Stuart
27-09-2007, 11:52 AM
A word of advice BEN, if the clear sticker material is to thick then you can have problems with it peeling of the blank after it’s coated. Make sure they can print on the thinnest sticker material possible.

Stu
Precision Rods

B_E_N
27-09-2007, 01:03 PM
thanks for the heads up mate, if they do print on the thick stuff will adding trim bands at either end help, i know it could come off from the middle but will it help?

Stuart
27-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Yes trim bands can help, but as you said it will lift in the middle. Try heating the blank a bit then place the sticker on.

Stu

B_E_N
27-09-2007, 03:20 PM
thanks for the tip, will keep it in mind

DR
27-09-2007, 03:44 PM
just tell them what it's for & that you want the thinnest stuff they have, usually the cheaper it is, the thicker it is, but the truth is on that amount, the best stuff you can get would only cost a few dollars more..
better still, go & ask for a small offcut & try it on an old rod first..
this brings back memories of someone that didn't think about anything before ordering 1000s of stickers that ended up in the bin for this exact reason.

you have to be a bit careful these days, as the signage/digital printing industry is full of people with a pocket full of money who buy a business or the equipment to start a business. Purely because they they can use a computer they see it as being easy & don't have much more experience than most members on here. The end result is they can cause you a lot of headaches because they do not know the finer points of the trades..

walldog
27-09-2007, 11:26 PM
you have to be a bit careful these days, as the signage/digital printing industry is full of people with a pocket full of money who buy a business or the equipment to start a business. Purely because they they can use a computer they see it as being easy & don't have much more experience than most members on here. The end result is they can cause you a lot of headaches because they do not know the finer points of the trades.. never a truer word spoken

As a qualified signwriter with 22 + yrs under my belt I have seen the industry go from BC (before computers) to the average sticker shops that are now prevalent:(.

dogsbody
02-10-2007, 03:50 PM
A word of advice BEN, if the clear sticker material is to thick then you can have problems with it peeling of the blank after it’s coated. Make sure they can print on the thinnest sticker material possible.

Stu
Precision Rods

In regards to material get them to use a polyester clear as the resin will not effect it as it will with a standard vinyl clear.

Hey walldog i have been in the screenprinting/sign game for 22yrs as well. But I'm over it now,have become a post contractor now.

Dave.

Dave.

blaze
02-10-2007, 05:39 PM
never a truer word spoken

As a qualified signwriter with 22 + yrs under my belt I have seen the industry go from BC (before computers) to the average sticker shops that are now prevalent:(.
Me too, about 15 years. Screen printing, sign writing, offset press and only got the plotter left for playing more than any thing else.
cheers
blaze

DR
02-10-2007, 06:23 PM
I'll play as well.. signwriter 38 years.:-/

2DKnBJ
02-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Careful DR.Starting to show us your age....

Cheers Dazza

DR
02-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Careful DR.Starting to show us your age....

Cheers Dazza

i left school when i was 6 but...:P

walldog
02-10-2007, 09:17 PM
In regards to material get them to use a polyester clear as the resin will not effect it as it will with a standard vinyl clear.

Hey walldog i have been in the screenprinting/sign game for 22yrs as well. But I'm over it now,have become a post contractor now.

Dave.

Dave.

Hey Dave, me too, Business Analyst designing extensive IT systems for the Gumbyment ;D these days, kinda miss the life at times though.

Walldog

sid_fishes
02-10-2007, 09:25 PM
dave , are you that old geez you look younger than me and i have been playing my game for 30 yrs,,,,,,,, bugger cheers ian

finga
03-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Gee wizz I'm young listening to all you old codgers :D

walldog
03-10-2007, 08:15 PM
:smug: My hair is worn down, and my teeth may be old and grey, I may be blind but I av a cute eering :smug: heheheh ( apologies to Monty Python) Damn I'm so old I can remember fishing with Noah.

( sorry for hijacking the thread )

why not try water slide decals - they are ultra thin , easy and cheap to do , just buy the paper, make your design (pay someone to) send it to your colour laser printer, or if you don't have one, put it on a memory stick & take it with your paper to the local library, they all have them.

Cheers

B_E_N
04-10-2007, 08:25 AM
never thought of that, ive done mine own design thru CAD, whats the paper called or whats a good brand of the stuff and where can i get it from, office works??

walldog
04-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Try www.mcgpaper.com/decals
or just google "water slide decal paper"

Walldog

sandyd
05-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Walldog this is just what I have been wanting, you are a gem. thanks

walldog
12-10-2007, 10:35 PM
:D glad to help