PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the best sport ever!

Tropicaltrout
09-09-2007, 06:32 PM
HI all

I have been on the forum for a couple of years and we all have the one thing in common we love to fish. We all have our own methods and styles we prefer but at the end of the day why did you start and why do you do it? Is it the relaxation the thrill of the rod bending the combernation of the two or the just simply getting away from it all, Mine is the combination of the bush and the fishing I love fishing and is probably a obsession but the combination of beeing out in the scrub camping and zipping out and catching a few fish is just sensational.
I can fish and not catch a thing and still be in ore of my surroundings like a kid in candy store, I struggle to sleep the night before a trip, and it all started with my dad, he is a mad keen Trout man and I grew up chasing them now 25 years down the track I am still learning and admirering our wonderful water ways and impoundments.

So how about you, who started you, and what keeps you so keen?

cheers to all TT

loophole
09-09-2007, 06:42 PM
i started about 10 years ago when i was about six.
i remember fishing the beach at fraser and catching dart and whiting with my DAD, then in the last 4 years began fishing from a boat catching bream,whiting,flathead and tailor
i am now addicted and have spent the last year exploring the bay and fishing off shore.
i love it because it is the best way to relax and love the the skill of catching and landing a fish.

tunaticer
09-09-2007, 06:53 PM
I was under 4 yrs old when i first went with my dad and since then it has been my obsession more so than breathing almost. 40 odd yrs later and I still cant settle that itch no matter how hard i scratch it. Only getting out there in the water and coming home smelling of fish is any form of relief to me.

Jack.

russ81
09-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Hows it going guys
I first started fishing in Dec last year as a release, I was suffering PTSD after returning home from Iraq and needed something to help me relax and get away

Now i'm addicted and wouldnt stop for anything

Cheers
Russ

Tailortaker
09-09-2007, 09:09 PM
I started as a young tacker with my dad which than turned in to fishin with mates as kids. I went a few years in my late teens without fishin but slowly got back into it but just the occasional fish. Over the last few years I have been fishing flat out and love it. It has become an addiction and a excellent stress releif and now it's my turn to take my 5yr old son fishing so he can become a future addict.
Cheers TT
________
Zx14 vs hayabusa (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_bike_is_quicker_kawasaki_zx_-14_or_suzuki_hayabusa)

eotbmg
09-09-2007, 09:15 PM
I just love the fact that its always a challenge. You can bag out one week then not get a sniff the next. WHY???? That's the question that always plays in my mind. I want to figure the fish and habits out so next time its more successful. But then again if you don't succeed i always appreciate the surroundings-whales,dolphins,birds other boats the conditions the list goes on. I reckon we live in the best part of OZ so we may as well get out there and enjoy it
Cheers
Ben

poundalead
09-09-2007, 09:17 PM
I was about 6 when I had my introduction to fishing. Family holidays spent sitting on a jetty with a handline. It was the cheapest babysitter money could buy. I would sit there literally all day, and unfortunately the way the world is today you can't do that anymore:-/ . Ultimately fishing is a great leveler which brings people together from different walks of life to the one common goal, fishing. ;D Fishing to me now is studying a certain method on how to catch your quarry and then fooling the fish into taking your presentation, I get such a rush from that, that it should be illegal!!! This is a great thread I'm sure that most people on here are more passionate than I am, but in every form it is the best sport ever!

Cheers Benny

Mattg68
09-09-2007, 10:52 PM
i guess it's a natural instinct for us to hunt for food, but I do enjoy all aspects of the sport from just sitting in a boat (or on land) in a peaceful environment to the hectic moments of fighting a descent fish on lightish gear. be it in the open waters to the bush fishing from the banks of some infrequently met place, you just can't beat the feeling of being at one with mother nature.

Matt

Flex
10-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Reason I love fishing is its the few sporting activities that you can incorporate into a lengthy holiday.

I feel sorry for those people who dont like to fish, how on earth do they stave off boredom when they have 2 weeks off work ?

every holiday I have usually encompasses some form of fishing. Each and every day of your holiday gives you a purpose and an activity to enjoy for the entire day.

If I didn;t like fishing and had to lounge around on a beach for 2 weeks straight I'd go mad

Little grey men
10-09-2007, 11:10 AM
My Dad introduced his three boys to fishing over thirty years ago, pulling in cod and yellowbelly on the banks of the Condamine. We would hit the river on a Friday arfternoon and return home Sunday afternoon. Back then it was all exciting, wondering what big fish were swimming around down there in the snags, chasing wallabies through the scrub, getting chased by bull's through the scrub, and just learning about the bush.
I'll be taking my five year old boy out there at the end of the week for a fishing trip with his Pop and his uncles. To me it's just total peace.
We usually fish every other weekend either at North Pine Dam or the Recliffe area, very early in the morning when it's quiet and beautiful, before the world has started to wakeup. Watching my boy's eye's sparkle while he's fighting a fish
I can understand why Dad used to love taking us out there.
Any pastime that let's you get close to nature and just sit for a while and clear your head from all the rubbish of modern living is OK in my book.