PDA

View Full Version : Rocket launchers?

backhoe
09-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Thinking about putting a rocket launcher on my boat to clear the rods out of the way. Has anyone used one of these from bias (see pic and description below). If so what have been your experiences?
Am thinking of mounting it to the aluminium topsides and reinforcing underneath.
Any ideas on what I would expect to pay for a stainless one or a custom one made of alloy with alloy rod holders?
Has anyone ever had any experience of rods ever jumping out of the holders. It would be mounted over the steering position approx amidships.

Boat Arch Rocket Launcher Cat. 6322 BIAS Price $179.00 Quick & easy to assemble. Adjusts for widths to 2400mm. 32mm diameter by 1.6mm wall, bright dipped, alloy tube. Marine stainless steel fasteners. Connections & mounts in marine grade polymer. Universal mounts for variable mount angles. Overall height 1640mm. Maximum width 2400mm. Distance between legs at base, 340mm.
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/KEVINL%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/KEVINL%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg

saltchaser
09-09-2007, 03:56 PM
backhoe to stop rods launching out i have used a black elastic cord threaded over the reels and tied off to the bars cheers saltchaser

juju
09-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Heres mine...was told around $1400 for stainless...mine are alloy $500 custom made they fold down but also brace the canopy, ive fitted lights too....it works great...Very strong, looked at teh others..didnt like the strenght of them..... Pm me if you want any more info

shano
09-09-2007, 09:03 PM
pm me we can custom make them . either stainless or ally!
here are the last stainless ones i made.

1975fflh
14-09-2007, 07:44 PM
I have the ones you showed and they are a pain in the bum, If you have a canopy you cant reach the rods without folding it, they are a little too high.

I have pulled mine off the boat and am considering a bullbar type one bolted to the side of the cabin.

BM
14-09-2007, 09:15 PM
I have a stainless one that you could have for $200. Got to get it from Melb to QLD though...

Cheers

Spartan
14-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Backhoe.

I have the Bias one on my 16ft CruiseCraft ReefRaider. I am very happy with it but I had to cut 300mm from each leg so I could reach the rods. I also have split pins in the front legs so I can fold it down for storage. Horses for course though, what suits me might not suit you.

Spartan