PDA

View Full Version : Best access for NPD?

bru55el
06-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Hi all, I hope to be heading up to NPD for the first time next week. I'm wondering if anybody has advice on where shorebased access is best, McGavin View, Forgan Cove or Bullocky Rest. Not asking for anybodys favourite spot just suggestions on the better area for shorebased, or are they as good as each other?

cheeers

black_sheep
07-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Yeah Bru55el,

Most anglers access the shoreline through McGavins View or Forgans Cove picnic areas. Start walking banks and continously cast until you find a school of Bass. Once you've located a school, try and flog that spot until they move off. Pretty easy.

NPD has one of the best shoreline Bass fishing in SEQ but like everywhere else, it takes persistance and you may not slay them on you first or second trip but put in a few sessions and you bound to get amongst them.

We've had most of our better sessions fishing the steeper banks that drop off into deep water. The shallow bays are also productive but the Bass tend to school up more on the deeper ledges.

Hope this helps and tight lines.

bru55el
10-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks black_sheep, unfortunately can't get up there till next week now but I will let you know how i go.

cheers

Little grey men
11-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Make sure you wear comfy shoes as you may have to walk quite a way. It's one of those places where the next bit of water just around that arm always looks better than the last. I usually start at Forgans and head either left or right. You'll get to deeper water if you head right from Forgans.
I started fishing there about six months ago after asking fellow Ausfishers for info. I got some great tips on the place. It really holds some serious fish if your patient.