PDA

View Full Version : Live Shrimp where I buy mine.

rayken1938
06-09-2007, 11:00 AM
There has been a couple of posts with people wishing to buy live shrimp.
I get mine from a redclaw farm up near Aratula.
The price is $30 per hundred with 100 being the mininium sale.
I ring my order through on Mondays and they are delivered on Thursdays.
They deliver to Brisbane, Northern Gold Coast and southern North Coast areas.
When you place your order they will ask you where you are and suggest a meeting place and time. E.G. I meet him at a pet store at Slacks Creek between 8.30 and 9am.
If you live close to one of his drop off points he may deliver to your home for a extra charge.
The guys name is Rod Hutchings and his telephone number is 54638226. Leave message if you get answer machine and he will get back to you.
He can also supply small redclaw for bait if you need them. I think they are a little dearer.
Supply cannot always be guaranteed as he gives priority to his regulars.
They are delivered in oxygenated plastic bags and will keep all day in the bag as long as they are kept cool.
The photos show how they are delivered and an indication of the size of the shrimp the smaller one is around the mininium size provided and there would be around 20 that would be at least 2 and 1/2 inches long.

username_taken
06-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Are they salt or freshies? have you kept them in an aquarium for any length of time ?

rayken1938
06-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Freshwater . I keep them for up to a month. Usually start losing a few after 10 days.
Cheers
Ray

lippa
06-09-2007, 07:29 PM
i've had em in a tank for ages, i use em as live food for my red devils. thats a great price, cheers!!

NormC
07-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Rayken, how do you keep them. Do you need a filtered tank, or will a bucket with aerator and water change every couple of days do?

Do you feed them?

Thanks
Norm C

NormC
07-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Rayken, I just found your post on the other thread with the answers to my questions.
Sorry, Been overseas for a couple of weeks and this is my first log on for a while, so not up to date on what's happening.

Only one question now. Where do I get crayfish pellets. A pet shop?

Thanks
Norm C

rayken1938
10-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Any pet store , big w and k mart.
Cheers
Ray