PDA

View Full Version : Bar Crusher 560 WR

ShaneC
05-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi all;

I am seriously looking at a new rig and the Bar Crusher centre consoles have really caught my eye. I was thinking fibreglass, but having seen one of these bad boys today, I must say I am impressed.

I have had the pleasure of accompanying a fellow ausfisher in his 560c, and I was very impressed with the way it handled the less than ideal conditions.

As far as the centre console goes, has anyone got any feedback on their performance, I can only assume that they would go well, but having not yet taken one for a spin, I would be grateful for any opinions. Generally they are powered by a 115 4 stroke, is that sufficient???? I dont intend on loading it up too much, but I am sure some long range trips will be in the agenda should I decide to start spending.

I am sorry if this subject has been covered before, I looked for a while but couldnt find any relevant info.

Shane

Far side
05-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Hi shane on that hull I put a DF140 not sure weather the cuddy is heavier but it goes well with the suz motor. The 115 I hear (but dont know) is adequate . Depends on your use If you are going to use it offshore look into the cuddy cab I like a boat that has the ability to take a wave there is a trade off on those big fish (walkaround). Dont forget the trim tabs that smooth hull needs them but the bottom looks good on your sounder (no bubbles). Get the water test on the roughest conditions you can The next couple of days are great if your on the bay

ShaneC
05-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Yeah mate, thats my plan, they have a WR at Stones Corner but I think she is sold. I like the cuddy too, but I am thinking of getting clears and an extendible cover from the console that can retract so as not to impede fishing space when not in use, but provide limited cover from the elements. I know that if it rains I'll get wet, but if rain is on the cards and I'm going fishing, I will take the necessary gear to stay dry. As far as taking a wave, with the self draining hull etc, I think a WR would handle it ok, but then again, I have never copped a really big wave except for in an IRB, so I dont really speak from experience.

I was thinking Suzi 140 too, or a Honda 130, I wish Yammy made a 4 stroke between 115-150hp.

Many thanks far side, your info is very much appreciated.

Far side
06-09-2007, 06:51 AM
No worries I have had a full set of clears made for my 560 cc transformed the boat - dry as. let me know and i can put you onto the guy who did mine
I dont get wet any more :) :)

Next Time i am at stones corner I will have a better look at the CC I wasn't sure they were self draining I know my 560 isn't

Pm me if you like I will send you my number if you want a bit of an independant opinion like everything there are plusses and minisus with all boats.