PDA

View Full Version : Are you addicted to Ausfish?

reidy_g
05-09-2007, 05:56 PM
I seem to be knee-deep in this site every chance I get. I'd be interested to see who else is afflicted with the same disease!:P :P :P

loophole
05-09-2007, 06:07 PM
yes reidy_g i am too it is very addicting and i am on here daily i yhink i might need to give it a break soon.

finga
05-09-2007, 06:09 PM
I voted logged on once a day but it stays on all day.
The beauty of cable :D

Now if you had of asked how many times do I go through the pages everyday then that would be a different story ::)

jtpython
05-09-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm hearing ya's

manchild
05-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Hi my name is George and im an Ausfishaholic,mea culpa mea culpa;D
George

Sea-Dog
05-09-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm the same as Finga - just leave it on all day.

Except when I occasionally reboot the computer.

minno
05-09-2007, 06:17 PM
I have a question for you Mr finga! Is there therapy for it.

Minno;D

charleville
05-09-2007, 06:19 PM
it stays on all day.
The beauty of cable :D

Now if you had of asked how many times do I go through the pages everyday then that would be a different story ::)

ditto

http://myskitch.com/charleville/australian_fishing_community_chatboards_-_reply_to_topic-20070905-182137.png

Foxy4
05-09-2007, 07:06 PM
I am on here a lot as I find it a great source of info and amusement to boot..

Tropicaltrout
05-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Yep check it out most days I enjoy the comments made by all here, some are very good and some bad, There are some educational decussions and some heated ones, but without them it would be a boring site and I hope it stays around for all to enjoy for many years to come. Well done to all the moderators and creators.

Regards TT

rockfisho
05-09-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm hooked on ausfish aswell.

rockfisho

finga
05-09-2007, 07:31 PM

Minno;D
Yep go away to a place with no internet.
That's why I go out to Warwick and down to Evans....to dry out :-/
;D

juju
05-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Whenever im home here in the office its on....check things between doing paperwork....either reading reports or having a go at wombie in the arcade;D ;D

bluefin59
05-09-2007, 07:33 PM
YEP i'm addicted as well i'm here everyday sometimes twice i have looked at other sites but nowhere as interesting it's a great source of knowledge for me and amuzement ....matt

minno
05-09-2007, 07:37 PM
;D Finga! Theres a message in there some where.;D ;)

Minno8-)

Great White
05-09-2007, 07:44 PM
;D
ditto

http://myskitch.com/charleville/australian_fishing_community_chatboards_-_reply_to_topic-20070905-182137.png

Hey Charlie, thats a pretty exclusive group you put me in with, but then again Finga made the list LOL ;D

dinky
05-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Im hooked a wealth of info !!!!

reidy_g
05-09-2007, 07:59 PM
I've always found the "12 steps" method effective with most of my various vices.;D

Scalem
05-09-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm researching and patenting a patch you can wear on your arm.. Should make me a milionair I reckon!!;D ;D

Scalem

Black_Rat
05-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Ausfish ? ............ :-/

I've heard of it ...... ?

Logged on one time, it was good............ but...........

Haven't been there since.... ::)

Addiction ? ;D

Guilty as charged ! ;D ;D ;D

ffejsmada
05-09-2007, 08:26 PM
I don't think I'm addicted.............much,:P

The missus and kids do though!;D

I can hear 'em, "you on that Ausfish again dad????????" ::)heheheheheheheheeh

Yep!!;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D

Keeps me out of trouble.;)

Jeff

sharkymark2
05-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Did any body else notice the lack of reports during the last windy spell :(. It was like a junky on the street being told that there has been a big bust and there is no powder to go around :). Fine weather brings out all the reports. Bring on the fine weather :).

PinHead
05-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Did any body else notice the lack of reports during the last windy spell :(. It was like a junky on the street being told that there has been a big bust and there is no powder to go around :). Fine weather brings out all the reports. Bring on the fine weather :).

he says as it is raining and windy as I read it.

jamesryan30
05-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Good comments Sharky, I agree. Ausfish was recommended by a friend. Has been a great source of information.

wombie
05-09-2007, 09:23 PM
me I'm just stuck in the arcade

mikeyh
05-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Only been here 2 months or so...and now find myself sneaking longer periods at work....only in "breaks" of course ;D ;D
A bloody top site....very interesting news and views...it has it all...controversy...backstabbing...local knowledge ...drama....humour....experience...naivete....and what better place to find out from all over Aus. The great thing is that there is such a huge range of people from all walks of life ...who just love fishing. For me (and now here at least 3 times a day) it is almost as good as being out on the water. I have enough gear to stock a small shop and a big boat but dont get out nearly as much as I would like...but I still enjoy hearing the pleasure of other peoples experiences, successes and failures.

I take my hat off to the person who started it all:) :) :)
Totally addicted

ashh
05-09-2007, 09:53 PM
I learn something new allmost everytime I visit this site.....be it from a post/thread, or via pms with other members. I do check in at least once a day so I guess Im addicted lol :D

Tailortaker
05-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Yes I'm addicted ! I'm constantly logging in on my computer at work and than at home in the evenings and weekends. My wife is getting jealous and often says that I may aswell be married to Ausfish not her.....
________
Pov Fantasy (http://www.####tube.com/categories/889/fantasy/videos/1)

Tangles
05-09-2007, 10:23 PM
like some here i tend to leave it on all day at home, the search function gets a fair workout

mike

snelly1971
05-09-2007, 10:46 PM
I am on here Every day possible...but some days I just cant...Those are the SAD days....

Mick

Silent
06-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Remember my mate has introduced me into ausfish and warned me its addictive site. He got it right!!!

Fafnir
06-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Find myself logging on up to 10 times a day. Often don't stay on long. But I recently went for 6 months hardly logging on due to being on dial up. Was good, there is a world out there and I was part of it. But now I'm back on high speed connection, I fear I could be lost to the real world forever.

charleville
06-09-2007, 08:45 AM
A bloody top site....very interesting news and views...it has it all...controversy...backstabbing...local knowledge ...drama....humour....experience...naivete....and what better place to find out from all over Aus. The great thing is that there is such a huge range of people from all walks of life ...who just love fishing.

Ah - you forgot 'respect'. :)

In amongst all of those human foibles, there is a lot of respect and goodwill amongst the members, even between the bait true believers and those on the dark side. ;D

Whitto
06-09-2007, 09:01 AM
:-[ Both at work and home, :( It's no point fighting it, Im an Ausfish Junkie8-) , Cheers Whitto

Little grey men
06-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Very very addictive, this site is both informative and interesting.
One of the thing's I've noticed is the limited amount of complete knobs that reply to threads as opposed to other forum's that I look at. I guess fisherfolk are just generally better people..... or perhaps the moderators just get in quick and filter out the trash.

gleeeza
06-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Kind of gives fishing an extra half life and it fits in nicely with weather checks and breakfast as well. I hate mobile phones and computers are a close second but stuff like this gives me some hope.

I can see how people could waste a lot of time in here instead of out in the real world, something to watch out for, no cure as yet I'm told.

Gleeeza

STUIE63
06-09-2007, 10:22 AM
I suppose i am addicted if you call 9 hours a day an addiction.it's a sad state of affairs when we are adding to a thread on ausfish addiction that has been going less than a day and has 37 posts and 550 reads.
haha
Stuie

fez
06-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Yep.

Fez

loophole
06-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Only been here 2 months or so...and now find myself sneaking longer periods at work....only in "breaks" of course ;D ;D

was able to do that at school until the techies found the site and have now blocked it on the schools internet.>:(

dogsbody
06-09-2007, 05:15 PM
I might be. Try and visit once a day. I like the boating section lots of good stuff to learn.

Might as well face it your addicted to AUSFISH ( must be sung with a few good lookers in the background. Robert Palmer style)

Dave.

Chas & Clarry
06-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Have been away for 2 days on business, arived home, kissed Clarry, then logged onto Ausfish...at least I got that in the right order!! :)

Hey there are worse things to be addicted to!!!!!

Chas

the gecko
06-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Me too.

I find the only cure for it, is to go fishing.
Nothing else seems to work.

cheers
Andrew

loophole
06-09-2007, 06:16 PM
that is the only cure andrew i think i need to go take my medication now! lol

minno
06-09-2007, 07:03 PM
I would too, but I dont feel like getting wet.:)

Minno

Herm
06-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Yes - I am addicted!:-[

A old work friend of mine (maccamania) emailed me a link to show off his lastest fishing expedition and that was the end of me!::)

Read about his trip and then had a look aroound the rest of the site, signed up and then encouraged Peter to buy a bigger boat!

We have cable so it is on all the time and it is my home page!

So addicted is probably the correct way to describe it!

Cheers
Janine

Poodroo
07-09-2007, 06:50 AM
I wasn't going to put a reply in originally because that would be admitting to being an Ausfish addict but then Charley dobbed me in by putting me in his elite 10 so I am now putting my hand up and confessing. I AM AN ADDICT! Scalem hurry up and work on that patch will you. I need it.

Poodroo

Black_Rat
07-09-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm moving house tommorow and will be offline untill around Wednesday next week until I get a new connection :bigcry: Noooooo............

Then again I could always sneak on at work for a bit ;D ;D ;D

Davemclean
07-09-2007, 09:54 PM
I don't actually log off :lol:

NAGG
07-09-2007, 10:42 PM
GRR8 Site .... Very balanced opinions ...... Nagg

Hamish73
08-09-2007, 09:20 AM
great site, lots of info and a good 'extented group of friends' feel to it.
You feel you know the people, even though you dont
As for the addiction, guilty as charged.
dirtbikeworld.net is my other forum addiction, they are both always loaded.
DBw is a bit less moderated, so it's where all the touchy issues are discussed

Blaster Bretty
09-09-2007, 01:12 PM
how could you not log on at least twice a day... all my fishing info come's off this site.
A true wealth of knowledge to found on here.

Bretty

captain rednut
09-09-2007, 05:10 PM
im addicted to this site someone help me

reidy_g
09-09-2007, 05:28 PM
im addicted to this site someone help me

Otto: Well how we gonna get outta here?
Homer: We'll dig our way out!
Chief Wiggum: No, no, dig up, stupid!:D ;D :D ;D

....Sorry, can't help. Blind leading the blind I reckon.

Awesome
11-09-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm on here every chance I get, so I guess I am addicted!.........or maybe too much time on my hands..........or maybe just a very understanding partner!.............

wags on the water
11-09-2007, 10:26 AM
I must admit, this is my home page. I enjoy reading other peoples posts about how well/or not they've done on the weekends. I work in and around the Bowen Basin so it sort of keeps me in touch with reality.;D

Big thanks to the creator Steve, and those moderators who keep it all real. :thumbsup:

Cheers and Beers,

Wags

SgBFish
11-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Its the crack cocaine of websites...

Flattie Assassin
11-09-2007, 01:26 PM
It's easily Australia's best fishing forum. Very informative.

Scalem
12-09-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm moving house tommorow and will be offline untill around Wednesday next week until I get a new connection :bigcry: Noooooo............

Then again I could always sneak on at work for a bit ;D ;D ;D

Blackrat, I'll lend you my older work notebook computer with wireless 3G card, that might prevent the shakes for you a little while;D ;D But don't think you owe me a million bucks or the deed to your house or anything mate, just helping a fellow AF member OK??8-) ;D ;D

Scalem

Great White
12-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Blackrat, I'll lend you my older work notebook computer with wireless 3G card, that might prevent the shakes for you a little while;D ;D But don't think you owe me a million bucks or the deed to your house or anything mate, just helping a fellow AF member OK??8-) ;D ;D

Scalem

Hey Brian you dealing again ;) ::) :-X giving out free fixes, what next free patches :P what would MR Microsoft say ;D

insideout
13-09-2007, 04:36 AM
Its the crack cocaine of websites...

Id go one step more and say its ice, for i am sitting in a place in ansterdam at the moment , a h/ house actually, and i am not here to sample the local .... stuff!!Its the only place at the moment that i can log on to this site... on a budget!!
Traveling is great , but you do miss home and the lifestyle heaps, and you know the really sad thing........ people over here say that thay have the best life-style, but thay have never been to australia, for thay say its too far....... just as well!! From the feed back of the general population, id say its the best kept secret ... in the world..::) ::)

Dean1
26-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Definetly spend more time on here than i should. I couldnt go a day without havin a quick look i dont think, whats happnin to me :helpa:

Lovey80
27-09-2007, 09:15 PM

Minno;D

Fishing is my therapy for life/work, when i cant go fishing Ausfish is the therapy for that!! ;D ;D ;D

Cheers Chris

Black_Rat
02-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Well it was a sad day for me yesterday :( the IT people at work decided to ban acess to Ausfish at work. I tried to log on and a message poped up stating "****** * ******" have denied access to this site" :o :bigcry:

I was warned about excess usage during work hours around 2 years ago and as a result I bought a computer for home use to curb my addiction ;D

However over the last couple of years and my recomendations to this site to fellow employee's, it has seen a few other guys at work frequent Ausfish. :) As a result and much to the despair to my fellow work colleagus the ban is in place from the IT people in Sydney.

Immediate retaliation was needed ;D and via the initiative from a new Ausfish member the seed has been planted to grant us access once again ;D

cuzzamundi
02-11-2007, 09:07 PM
It's my fishing away from fishing, so probably.

cuzza

Cammy
02-11-2007, 10:01 PM
i try to get on here everytime im on the net.its such a helpful site

cam

rocksberg6
29-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Can't get enuff of it!!!

Deestingray
29-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Whilst I find this to be a super forum and a great source of information, I will say though that the site speed is slower than a wet week compared to other boards that I frequent and I often avoid looking through due to it having an uncanny knack of crashing my firefox browser. Does anybody else have this problem? And yes, I am on cable......Other than that, big thumbs up.

mik01
30-11-2007, 06:47 PM
stingray, do a search cos there was a thread somewhere about this very thing with a good solution... now where was that? looking.....

Deestingray
30-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks, I will do that. Cheers!!!!!

Mrs Ronnie H
01-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Hi
I check out every topic. Never know what you come across--- always some good info floating around. Where else can you find as much info about local fishing, boats, motors etc????

Ronnie

polky
02-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Yep normally on the site at least twice a day, Polky

Dirtysanchez
04-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Probably - surprised in fact that IT guys have not yet banned me from it.. For me it is like a fishing replacement program, or a substitute, like Nicotine patches for people giving up the smokes. I never get out to fish anymore so this is about as close as it gets.

kingtin
04-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Addicts are always the last to admit to an addiction so no, I'm not addicted ;D

kev

COULD the Home Secretary explain to me how biometric checks on iris patterns and fingerprints are going to help keep tabs on muslim cleric Abu Hamsa?

Dirtysanchez
05-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Kev, someone once asked me what state I lived in, I answered 'Denial'
So we must almost be neighbours then ;D

kingtin
05-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Kev, someone once asked me what state I lived in, I answered 'Denial'
So we must almost be neighbours then ;D

;D http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_144_8.gif

Dirtysanchez
05-12-2007, 01:46 PM
LoL ;D
Your'e not the bloke who lives behind me who does angle grinding in his shed in the evening are you ? scary stuff that, what would you be wanting to cut up that late at night ?

kingtin
05-12-2007, 01:51 PM
LoL ;D
Your'e not the bloke who lives behind me who does angle grinding in his shed in the evening are you ? scary stuff that, what would you be wanting to cut up that late at night ?

That's me, but it's not an angle grinder.................just a little something I use to quieten the neighbours down http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_4_125.gif

Flattie Assassin
05-12-2007, 03:00 PM
LOL, I guess i'm addicted. Addictive personality. :wreck:

Dirtysanchez
05-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Omigod !! I have the schropshire slasher livin next door.
Actually could ya bring that thing round mate ? I have a coupla trees need seeing to ;D

kingtin
05-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Omigod !! I have the schropshire slasher livin next door.
Actually could ya bring that thing round mate ? I have a coupla trees need seeing to ;D

No go mate..............Lost 6 teeth off the chain......................those vertebrae are a bugger to cut through http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_4_132.gif

angler1
05-12-2007, 07:23 PM
every morning before work and every night, to catch up on whats going on.

BR65
05-12-2007, 08:00 PM
At least once a day, every day, doesnt matter if Im in Oz or not.
If Im not fishin, its the next best thing
cheers
brian

mik01
05-12-2007, 08:17 PM
$hit, i think i am addicted!
but by the looks of the poll, there are heaps of addicted and bored fishers here!!!!
even when I travel for work, I always find a place to plug in and catch up on whats going on round here - so it looks like more than twice a day for me :-[ .