PDA

View Full Version : Promotional DVDs- Fact or Fiction

horitira
05-09-2007, 08:57 AM
:-/ Hi all

Yesterday while looking for a boat i ended up at the Quintrex dealer in Lismore and they have a 2005 420 estuary angler for sale with 30hp yamaha and trailer.
$11800 firm as its on consignment and only done 40 hrs.
The whole rig was set up by them so they know the rig well, has fishfinder as well.
Anyway, the bloke gave me a quinnie sales catalogue to take home and if any of you has ever seen one of these you will know it is quite a substantial publication, all glossy and featuring all models and upgrades.
So i get back in the car and a DVD falls out which i dont think he knew was in there.
I pop it in the player at home and begin to watch it but after about 20 mins i've had enough as it seems there is no other ally make that can match the quinnie, according to this dvd
I have also watched that american etech dvd and in my opinion there aint much separating them as far as making big claims about their product.
Not going to buy the boat though, the wife wants to go outside now!

Noelm
05-09-2007, 09:06 AM
of course they are going to say their boat/motor/trailer/rod/reel whatever is best it is an advertisement!! and any tests are usualy setup to highlight some small feature they may have that someone else does not, just watch any of that sort of stuff for the enterainment value and forget the promotion content.

Chimo
05-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Hi horitira

If you wife wants to go outside you should listen to her and the other things you are looking at are probably closer to the mark anyway.

later.

Cheers
Chimo

horitira
05-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Cheers Chimo

Yeah, reckon your right.
Heard the old saying "Happy wife-Happy life

Regards
Hori