PDA

View Full Version : Disposing Of Fuel

Tailortaker
04-09-2007, 10:14 AM
G'day All, I have about 15lt of 2stroke fuel to dispose of as I unknowingly fueled up with E10. I want to empty out the tank so I can fill with better fuel but dont have any other 2stroke engines like whiper snippers to use it in. So how do I get rid of it safely ??? I also want to start using a new oil so fresh fuel would be the go so I can see any difference in performance and smoke.
Cheers TT
________
Full Melt Bubble Hash (http://trichomes.org/hashish/full-melt-hash)

tigermullet
04-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Use it in your car. It shouldn't hurt. My car has been converted to gas and has a lube system installed. The upper cylinder lubricant oil used in that system will take outboard oil. I have heard from a reliable source that the oils are exactly the same (apart from the colour) and, years ago, a lot of people consistently used 2stroke outboard oil for the same purpose.

I know that there are differences in two stroke oils but all of them are okay as an upper cylinder lubricant for vehicles.

At times I also use mixed two stroke fuel in the 4 stroke lawn mower. That's from being too lazy to go to the service station for straight ULP if the lawn mower fuel can is empty. No harm has arisen from that practice.

Tailortaker
04-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Use it in your car. It shouldn't hurt. My car has been converted to gas and has a lube system installed. The upper cylinder lubricant oil used in that system will take outboard oil. I have heard from a reliable source that the oils are exactly the same (apart from the colour) and, years ago, a lot of people consistently used 2stroke outboard oil for the same purpose.

I know that there are differences in two stroke oils but all of them are okay as an upper cylinder lubricant for vehicles.

At times I also use mixed two stroke fuel in the 4 stroke lawn mower. That's from being too lazy to go to the service station for straight ULP if the lawn mower fuel can is empty. No harm has arisen from that practice.
Thanks but I have a deisel :-/ Should I just give the unwanted banana trees a drink ??? ;D but that cant be to good for the enviroment can it? :-/
________
Kitchen Measures (http://kitchenmeasures.com/)

Gill
04-09-2007, 11:49 AM
I have about 20L of two stroke fuel to get rid of. Keen to find out as well as I to don’t want to dump it in the ground. I know the dump takes old sump oil’s maybe they take fuels as well. Bout to give them a call.

Tailortaker
04-09-2007, 11:53 AM
I was thinkin about ringin the servo and asking, should take the crap back to BP.
________
Lovely Wendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Gill
04-09-2007, 11:57 AM
dumps don't take fuels. and couldn't help as to where to dump. said try calling a servo.

tigermullet
04-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Sorry Tailortaker - I forgot that many people have diesels.

You haven't got a lot of lawns to mow, have you? 15 litres should be enough for an entire suburb.;D

Tailortaker
04-09-2007, 12:27 PM
No but you just give me an Idea :idea: I know a guy that does lawn mowing on the side, he would probably appreciate some free fuel :dankk2:
Cheers
________
HONDA XL 100 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_XL100)

Timmy94
04-09-2007, 03:39 PM
We have a mobile mechanic for our cars and he uses his old mixed 2 stroke fuel in his car. He says as long as its 50:1 and its mixed in the car tank (say 60 litre tank 30 litres fresh unleaded and 30 litres mixed). I have tried this now and the car runes no differently.

FNQCairns
04-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Just throw it in your diesel, I do:) fairly common practice world wide, some will not even run in some of the colder climates without some petrol in the diesel. MANY trucks you pass on the road every day run a good dose of petrol when they have the oportunity. 10% is usually fine, 30% is the top. 3% would be tops for me if it had ethanol in it and I would do it just before the next trip just so it does not sit for a week before the next fill.

In no way am I advocating anything on an individual basis, your non cat converter car would handle i fine also, your cat car if you don't care about the regulation would handle it fine also, just use a little at a time and use it fast IMO

cheers fnq

MEGA'bite
04-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Fnq you must be joking putting petrol in a diesel engine can be very dangerous with the high compression of diesel engines not to mention turbos designed for diesel .

lethal098
04-09-2007, 05:13 PM
call your local service centre and ask them if they will take it for a fee as it is disposed through recyclers that usually dont mind a bit of fuel in it. pm me if you want and i may be able to help you depending on where you are at

hondaguy
04-09-2007, 05:40 PM
take the lid off and place in a well vented area out doors and let evaporate

hungry6
04-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Give it to your local rural fire bridgade, they normally uses off fuel for trainning,
or in controlled burn off. Cost you nothing and helps the community.

FNQCairns
04-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Fnq you must be joking putting petrol in a diesel engine can be very dangerous with the high compression of diesel engines not to mention turbos designed for diesel .

Nah Flatty it's done all the time, may not be urban mainstream but done none the less.

Actually I have a Clymer manual somewhere for a patrol that states running up to 30% petrol is ok but not to exceed. This was stated in the manual to allay fears if anyone accidntly put petrol in instead of Diesel -they didn't need to panic if they could water it down to at least 30% fraction.

My patrol goes great on the stuff when I have the need for it, gas injection who needs it8-)

cheers fnq

Rodman
04-09-2007, 05:55 PM
use the fuel in your mower

Rodman

Timmy94
04-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Whats a mower? Ohh yeh that thing that cuts grass, too bad i dont have any grass............ O wait its raining again YAY!!!

bungie
04-09-2007, 06:47 PM
My local service station mechanic lets me pour it down his separator, droped 60 litres in there just last week :)