PDA

View Full Version : Clontarf boat ramp.

marty+jojo
03-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Hey guys,
On my way home this arvo i noticed that the clontarf boat ramp is getting dredged out ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D .FINALLY.
MARTY.

Black_Rat
03-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah I saw it too, a big red one ;D

Just in time ! ;D I'm moving into the area this weekend !

Last weekend saw a heap a boats being walk out past the rock wall.

Foxy4
03-09-2007, 06:48 PM
I saw that one and thought just how nice it was going to be. Wonder why they are doing it now?? Who cares I suppose as long as it is done.

Seahorse
03-09-2007, 06:49 PM
hey black rat.
welcome. i was chatting to a bloke who was doing the dredging in the big red boat. he told me that they have dug all these holes roughly about 600mm deep all over the front of the ramp, then by this friday another craft is coming in to scrape the bottom and this will fill all the holes. he told me this will be done this week.

thank god, cause i couldnt even get out from there on sat, and i was there at 5am, an hour before low tide. there was a boat stuck there in the mud.
i went to nudgee ck. what a top spot, with pontoon.

cheers
greg

SgBFish
03-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Greg can you explain that again?
The red boat has been drilling holes and other one will fill them in by scraping. Are they taking any spoil away?
600mm is pretty much a waist of time anyway. I know why they are only going that deep because the EPA will not allow them to go any deeper.
Scott

Timmy94
03-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Bloody EPA, Probably never had the experience of walking a 6metre boat through waist high water at 4.30am on a winters morning. Bloody hell. If i could have 1 wish it would be to have the EPA given the ass then we could fish any where and be able to get a boat out from a boat ramp.

death_ship
03-09-2007, 08:27 PM
if you got a 6m boat, forget clontarf go to cabbage tree creek

Timmy94
03-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Yeh i found that out 3 months ago usually use scarbrough or nudgee

ar-we-ther-yet
03-09-2007, 08:51 PM
About bloody time! only took them about 8 years to get around to doing it, since last dredging.

Although now its going to get packed out again on weekends.

SgBFish
04-09-2007, 10:19 AM
I don’t usually use that ramp but I do occasionally in summer. It’s usually a zoo and the Wally factor is high down there. It really needs a pontoon along one of the groins as the beach gets very crowded as people seem to think the sand beside the ramp is a day mooring.

And a ramp Marshall.

Scott

Black_Rat
04-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I don’t usually use that ramp but I do occasionally in summer. It’s usually a zoo and the Wally factor is high down there. It really needs a pontoon along one of the groins as the beach gets very crowded as people seem to think the sand beside the ramp is a day mooring.

And a ramp Marshall.

Scott

Scott,

This is from a thread in the News section

Pelican Park Pontoon, Clontarf

After completion of the maintenance dredging at the Pelican Park boat ramp, a new rigid pontoon will be built. The project significantly improves boat launching capacity, public safety and accessibility.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=114812 (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=114812)

Seahorse
04-09-2007, 08:36 PM
that is great news about pelican pk.

Black_Rat
02-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Just an update on the ramp after the dredging works, this was taken at around 5:30am on Sunday 30/09/07

It must have been dam near dead low and wasn't too bad to get out.

juju
02-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Is that a bit of a mound at the side of the ramp?.......ill have to go have a look...low tide was a real pain there

Black_Rat
02-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Is that a bit of a mound at the side of the ramp?.......ill have to go have a look...low tide was a real pain there

Yeah there is a mound either side of the ramp which would make for a quick stop if comming in at mid-tide. It was a bit strange really :-/ who knows how they will fall over the comming weeks.

SgBFish
03-10-2007, 08:16 AM
Rat.
I reckon the council should get down there witha backhoe and remove the mounds on either side of the ramp. They are quite high.
I'm a bit surprosed they didn't go closer to the rock walls with the dig out, but then I would have done it differently.
block off the whole area and get into it with 2 big excavators...
Game over.
Scott

Timmy94
03-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Bloody Hell it still looks pretty crap. Its better then what it was but should be better than that.
Their should be a Distinct 5+metre deep Channel and no mounds either side. Do it right the first time for gods sake.