PDA

View Full Version : Stabi-Craft 589sc

OZYJOE
03-09-2007, 06:59 AM
Gday guys, looking at buying the 589sc, with etec 115.
What are your thoughts, on boat and motor combination.
Thanks,
Joe.

fishing111
03-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Man thats expensive if its the one at LM, 63K with no electronic's.
I'd be seiously looking at Nugget's old boat for 45K, huge saving and its all set up. Basically the same size with full clears, only minus is no HT.

Stabicraft 589 Super Cabhttp://www.leisure-marine.com.au/images/NewBoats/stab589e115.jpghttp://www.leisure-marine.com.au/images/arrowforward.gifClick here for more photos (http://www.leisure-marine.com.au/PhotoGallery.asp?ubID=308)Hard top, self draining scuppers, upholstered driver and passenger seats Hull DetailsMake /ModelStabicraft 589 Super CabEngine DetailsEngine MakeEvinrude E-TEC 115hp outboard with gaugesTrailer DetailsMakeDunbier trailer
Brakes, Jockey wheel, FeaturesAccessories
Bait tank, Bow rails, Battery, Rod holders, Transom ladder,
Safety
Navigation lights, Compass,
Interior
Floor, Side pockets,

Stabicraft 559http://www.leisure-marine.com.au/images/UsedBoats/stabdd559e90.jpghttp://www.leisure-marine.com.au/images/arrowforward.gifClick here for more photos (http://www.leisure-marine.com.au/PhotoGallery.asp?ubID=327)200 hours of warranty left on the outboard, rig is only 12 months old, fully fitted out Furuno 585 sounder with 1kW transducer, Furuno GP7000 GPS, Navman 7000VHF radio, custom made bunks with cushions, switch panel, spotlight Hull DetailsMake /ModelStabicraft 559Engine DetailsEngine MakeEvinrude E-TEC 90hp outboard with gaugesTrailer DetailsMakeDunbier trailer
Brakes, Jockey wheel, FeaturesAccessories
Bait Table, Plumbed live bait tank, Bow rails, Dual battery system, Isolation switch, Rocket launchers, Rod holders, Underfloor fuel tank, Transom ladder,
Electronics
VHF Radio, Sounder, GPS,
Safety
Bilge Pump, Fire Extinguisher, Compass, EPIRB,
Interior
Interior lighting, Carpeted floor,
Canopies/Covers
Bimini top, Front clear, Side clears, $45,000

OZYJOE
03-09-2007, 10:12 AM
That is expensive......I have been quoted $59k with full electrics......
Im after a hard top.....
Question is are they any good........
Want to do a fair bit of offshore fishing and thats on my short list.
Its either 589ht or barcrusher 620.
Both come in at roughly same money.
I havnt been out on either boat yet, just after thoughts from owners,
thanks
Joe

deadbeatloser
04-09-2007, 07:54 PM
theres a 559 with 115 yamaha 16hrs as new for 35000. targa bimini cost him 51000.worth a look

Wayne Holland
14-09-2007, 04:26 PM
The 559 & 589 are completely different boats, its like comparing apples with pears.

To compare Bar crusher and Stabi you would need to trial them in similar foul weather, preferably on the same day over a prolonged period, only then will the difference become apparent.

Check out www.############.com.au (http://www.############.com.au)

scungey
25-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Here's a roughy

what about the new Quintrex 590 Spirit Fisher with 220 hp sterndrive. Deep vee, flared Hull, pressed plate all for under $60K. A pocket gamfisher if ever there was one. Would eat the BC in ride, handling, drift fishiin for breakfast and would be as tough as the Stabi.

nigelr
26-09-2007, 06:16 AM
Mate, personally I'd go the stabi anyday.
Both very nice boats but I like the safety margin of the Stabi.
There are some superb Aussie boats made in the 'stabi style' configuration, IMHO well worth checking if you want a stabi shape.
Cheers.

julian1
26-09-2007, 10:33 AM
if you intend on beach launching certainly go the Stabi plus with having a hardtop with enclosed windscreen (a proper sized one) you will be miles better off. The barcrushers are soft riding and i have never been in a Stabi. What size Barcrusher are you comparing with 560 or 620 ?
i agree the Stabi would be a safer boat if swamped

Tube_Worm
28-09-2007, 11:56 PM
Howdy OZYJOE,
I own a 559 Stabi with a 115hp Merc 4S which I am very happy with - great riding boat and brilliantly stable. The 589SC would be an absolute beast ! In my opinion a 115hp motor would be underpowered on a 589SC. Personally I'd be going for a 140hp.

As for comparing a Quintrex to a Stabi craft - the Quintrex would not even come close to the Stabi in my opinion - not in a million years. If the going got tough out there you would be preying you were in the Stabi and not the Quintrex. Have a look at where the Stabis originate from - on the south island of NZ where the waters are super rough ! :o

Theres no doubt the Stabis are expensive but as they say, you get what you pay for ;)

Cheers

deadbeatloser
29-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Here's a roughy

what about the new Quintrex 590 Spirit Fisher with 220 hp sterndrive. Deep vee, flared Hull, pressed plate all for under $60K. A pocket gamfisher if ever there was one. Would eat the BC in ride, handling, drift fishiin for breakfast and would be as tough as the Stabi.
u wish n dream that it :o would be .NOW WAKE UP:o

OZYJOE
30-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Thanks guys, i thought the 115 would bo a touch small.
Maybe a 130-135 etec would be the go. (if and when it comes out).

Sorry Deadbeatloser, woundnt touch a Quinny, just my opinion.

The barcrusher im thinking of is the 560... woundnt buy the 620 over the stabi 589. My reason for that is pure price........let me explain , pricing, there about the same money but no hard top. With the 560 i would save around 12k Plus towing weight of the 589 and 560 are about the same. My tow vehicle is only rated at 1600kg, which really does limit my choice, SS UTE, great tow vehicle. Would tow 2ton but i dont think i could drag it out of the water.

Joe.

deadbeatloser
30-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Thanks guys, i thought the 115 would bo a touch small.
Maybe a 130-135 etec would be the go. (if and when it comes out).

Sorry Deadbeatloser, woundnt touch a Quinny, just my opinion.

The barcrusher im thinking of is the 560... woundnt buy the 620 over the stabi 589. My reason for that is pure price........let me explain , pricing, there about the same money but no hard top. With the 560 i would save around 12k Plus towing weight of the 589 and 560 are about the same. My tow vehicle is only rated at 1600kg, which really does limit my choice, SS UTE, great tow vehicle. Would tow 2ton but i dont think i could drag it out of the water.

Joe.
no joe i would touch one either, i bought a stabi m8.

Tube_Worm
01-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Ozyjoe,
Does your boat have to be a hard top? If not have a look at the Stabi 589 XR or Fish r. You would be looking in the high $40K instead of close to $60K for the hard top.
IMO it would be a better choice than a 560 Bar crusher.

With motors why not have a look at a 140hp Suzuki 4 stroke, rave reviews worldwide about this motor, lightest in its class plus a 5 year warranty.

Cheers

OZYJOE
01-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Yeah, i know...12-15k is alot to spend on hardtop.....
Also have been thinking of the 140 suzuki, but i do like the idea of the etecs....
WHAT TO DO:-/

deadbeatloser
01-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Yeah, i know...12-15k is alot to spend on hardtop.....
Also have been thinking of the 140 suzuki, but i do like the idea of the etecs....
WHAT TO DO:-/
etec etec etec,,,, think of the money you will save on lack of servicing, people winge about buying 2stk oil but a four stroke needs oil as well as a filter n break in. i went a 90 etec,just sold yam efi fs 20ish hrs, wont be any lookn bak for me;D ;D ;D

death_ship
01-10-2007, 07:05 PM
etec etec etec,,,, think of the money you will save on lack of servicing, people winge about buying 2stk oil but a four stroke needs oil as well as a filter n break in. i went a 90 etec,just sold yam efi fs 20ish hrs, wont be any lookn bak for me;D ;D ;D
so you arent going to service your motor every 100 hours?

deadbeatloser
03-10-2007, 05:44 PM
so you arent going to service your motor every 100 hours?
dont know as yet