PDA

View Full Version : How to find a good dealer ? BlueFin bowrider

datamile
03-09-2007, 12:06 AM
Ok, so I'm leaning towards a bluefin 525 bowrider as I want Ali, the kids want bowrider, and the wife doesn't want to pay too much.

How do I pick a dealer ? Is it all factory fitted/extras ? Is there much price difference/package specials ? Or is the dealer mainly the engine ? Warranty worth the paper its written on, or don't consider it.

As for engine.. Err 90/155, 2/4 st, brands.. no idea what the differences are in real terms rather than prefs. Guess I'm going to have to try out a 2st to see if it bothers me, and see if I can get 5 mins on a 4st to see the diff.

Redlands/bayside if that makes any difference. Do many come up as secondhand ? Actually saw one at wello point today, but kids were to busy fishing off the jetty.

Mtx
03-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Mr T's Marine at capalaba.

datamile
03-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Yeah, I know they do them, trying to find out why to pick when dealer over another etc.

fez
03-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Datamile,

Logan River Marine at Yatala may be worth a look as well. They are a Bluefin dealer.

Good luck.

In regards to engines they are all good these days so I would be looking at the service side of things (i.e. what the workshop quaility is like, how friendly are the mech, how well do the mech explain things, how much they know etc, then look at the distance to the dealer from home)

Choices Choices............

Cheers,
Fez

reidy_g
03-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Datamile, I just picked up a new Bluefin bowrider last week (and logged 10 hours already). Wife, 2 small kids and I are absolutely wrapped with it...a lot of quality boat for the money. I would recommend the front and side clears with a bow cover (keeps things very dry). We got the 90 Merc 2st and I'm very pleased with it but if you're going to do big hours and/or you can afford it I'd consider the 4 banger...I couldn't justify the extra dough given the hours I'll do. I bought from Mr T's at Capalaba after 6 months homework....best price with extras, good blokes and reasonable service (ask for Theo). Tweed Marine is also good to deal with (ask for Andrew).

PM me if you want further info. PS... genuine recommendations, I have no link to any dealer.

Cheers

ILikeBlu
03-09-2007, 04:59 PM
I tried buying my bluefin off Logan Marine. I rang up about the one advertised in the Fishing Monthly with 115 Johno on it. They first said they would ring me back, they didnt, second time I rang about it the fella was in a meeting, never rang me back. Third time I rang they said it was a typo and it only came with the 90hp johno, this is after seeing it the previous 2 months advertised as the same, and each month the price dropped a grand :S There loss, I went to Mr Ts quick easy sale for them, as I was keen to buy.

bluefin59
03-09-2007, 05:12 PM
I used Theo at MrTs as well him and his son michael know their stuff igot a great deal and great service ....matt

sea raider
03-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Word of mouth, the best advertising you can get and it's free!!

AnthonyL
05-09-2007, 08:15 AM
We bought ours nearly two years ago from Mr T's, he had the most competitive price and was very patient with us being new to boating.

When buying a new boat you need to think about the after sales service also as this is really important and they have been spot on with that too.

We got a few extras like an extra battery, upgraded to gps combo, cd player, extented bimini and went for the 90 Optimax which is great for fuel saving costs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/clean1/boat2.jpg