PDA

View Full Version : Adding Floatation

denuchi
02-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Hey peoples, just thinkin of adding more floatation to my tinnie an just chasing some feed back. Wondering if it may hinder the hull performance at all. Thanks

tigermullet
02-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Do you mean to add the floatation under a raised floor? Shouldn't hurt unless you use that expanding foam. Best to cut and fit so that the bottom can be inspected and cleaned.

That expanding stuff opens the risk of corrosion and having holes in the hull will definitely degrade the performance.;D

Poodroo
02-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I think these are a great idea. Click on the link.
http://www.airofloat.com/

Poodroo

snelly1971
02-09-2007, 06:58 PM
This should answer any questions you may have..

Cheers Mick

www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=108726

Briz
02-09-2007, 09:16 PM
I am also needing to add floatation to my boat which will soon be finished - any comments about the actual type of foam to use (and how) ... so many different stories out there ... so far I've discounted polyurethane pouring foam - but would be interested in any thoughts people have re: the advantages of wrapped polyurethane sheet foam v's Microlen or other products.
cheers
briz

snelly1971
02-09-2007, 09:19 PM
I am also needing to add floatation to my boat which will soon be finished - any comments about the actual type of foam to use (and how) ... so many different stories out there ... so far I've discounted polyurethane pouring foam - but would be interested in any thoughts people have re: the advantages of wrapped polyurethane sheet foam v's Microlen or other products.
cheers
briz

Hi Briz...I used Micro len...it was recommended by Mast and very easy to use...once again ..read the above link..

Cheers Mick

Briz
03-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks Mick - that's a great thread - as you say answers most of the questions!
cheers
briz

ItWasThisBigHonest
17-01-2008, 01:41 PM
This link to a .pdf file may be of help

http://www.mast.tas.gov.au/domino/mast/newweb.nsf/LookupFiles/Buoyancy.pdf/$file/Buoyancy.pdf