PDA

View Full Version : Deep Water Bend Boat Ramp

stevos
01-09-2007, 12:53 PM
I know that the closure of the DWB Boat Ramp has been talked about quite a lot on here so I thought some fellow Ausfishers might like to know that the ramp is expected to be reopened mid-next week. The delay has been due to wet weather and some particularly sloppy subgrade under the new slab.

The ramp itself is very near completion with only the stone pitched wall to be finished over the weekend and into next week.

Make your own judgement when it is opened but I believe that the contractor has done a very good job and achieved a finish far above that of the existing ramp (check out how the grooves are upside down on the old compared to the new). In the end who will remember the delays when we dont have to que up anymore!

Whoever asked about parking - call the council and stick it to them as they will be heading out there after the boat ramp contrator leaves to work on the ramp approach and it would make sense to bung a couple of extra parks in at the same time.

Cheers,

Steve

lethal098
11-09-2007, 01:25 PM
steve, i used the new ramp at deep water bend on sunday as was impressed with the ramp but the damn pontoon is in a stupid place and no one seems to have the courtesy to move when someone is either going in or coming out, 3 boats waited for 25minutes for idiots to put their boats in that felt they could use the whole thing. people need to be considerate of other users other wise the queues will be worse than ever.

cheers

Dirtysanchez
11-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Well Lethal, that bit hasn't changed at all then !!

Thats just crasy isn't it ? a new ramp, but still the same attitudes and lack of common courtesy

Sigh :(

rustydog69
11-09-2007, 06:49 PM
being my usual fishong spot i always find when you are on the pontoon waiting someone (usually a jet ski ) goes straight to the ramp.

shano
11-09-2007, 07:26 PM
yes not alot has changed! but this usually happens at most pontoons!