PDA

View Full Version : SP Setups

Glen_1981
30-08-2007, 02:16 PM
This is a questions from a complete novice who has just bought his first tinny.
I hear SP's are all the rage and bought some but I don't get how you weight them to drop down deep or cast far as they have no weight.

Is it simply a matter of buying the hook bit with a heavier singer attached or do people use different setups to give it more weight eg attaching a free running sinker???

Cheers

1lastcast
30-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Hi there mate theres to much you need to know to be able to tell you but may i recommend a couple of dvd`s that will assist you greatly.

There are a couple of good ones try berkley soft plastics its very informative and shows you all the basics to get you going squidgie secrets is another.

You will be catching fish in no time .

Personally i recommend starting on flathead as there an easier fish to catch.

hope this helps cheers Peter

DavShmav
30-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Glen, where abouts do you live? i can post you a copy of the squidgy secrets showing you how to use your soft plastics.

Regards
Dav

reelchippy
30-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Mate get hold of sp DVDS like Squidgy Secrets there is parts not a bad way to start cheers like Dav has said

Glen_1981
31-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Glen, where abouts do you live? i can post you a copy of the squidgy secrets showing you how to use your soft plastics.

Regards
Dav

Thanks Dav that would be awesome.Address13 Wallaroy Ct Ferny Hills Qld 4055

DavShmav
31-08-2007, 02:55 PM
no worries Glen. I'll have a copy out to you by monday. If not home i will leave in your letterbox.

oztrav
31-08-2007, 08:25 PM
also you can get dvds ussually when buying value packs though the plastics in them are a bit stiff and bent