PDA

View Full Version : Stessco Boats?

Herks
29-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi All,

Went to the boat show today to buy a Blue Fin Barracuda, upon looking around first, I discovered a Stessco 445 Renegade boat. Now I know nothing about these boats and would appreciate any feedback on the Stessco brand and in particular the 445 Renegade. Ta.

P/S- The price on the Blue Fin was no cheaper than what I could get from ringing up a dealer on the phone. So much for Boat show specials!

Dunco
30-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Haven't owned either but have done the reasearch on both boats recently. I would pick the Bluefin over the Stessco. The Bluefin may be pricey, but the build, finish and the after sales support will be better IMO. Just make sure you get a yammy 60hp 4 stroke. They are a good match

inspired
30-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Hi Herks
I have a stessco hurricain 445 i powered it with a 50hp merc 2 stroker tiller stear with trim/tilt and electric start
cruises at 25 nts 4 POB great value for the money and hevent regretted buying it
finish isnt too bad i thought had it painted bought from guys wondal rd marine
It really depends on the budget and this boat suited my needs so i got it
i hope this helps
Jeff

Dan5
30-08-2007, 07:43 PM
G'day Herk's,i had a stessco 4.8 outsider for 6 years it was a good boat but the build quality was lacking so a few repairs were needed cracked welds etc.I have recently bought a 4.5 warrior and fitted a 60hp yammie 4strk and i am happy so far.The build quality of the bluefin is much better than the stessco,the bluefin was $9500 in the tiller steer version.I have also used the 455 stessco rv and the 4.5 warrior is a much stronger and better built hull.Cheers Dan...........

bluefin59
30-08-2007, 07:51 PM
I am wiyh dan5 on this i have the predator and after 3.5 yr its still great i havea 60 2 stroke mariner and love it i would probably look at the 4 stroke option though matt....