PDA

View Full Version : jackall mask vibe problems

yellahunter
29-08-2007, 09:21 PM
hey guys,

i managed to pick up a couple of jackall mask vibs today,
however when i opened them some of the paint stuck to the packet and ripped off the lure. I took them back to the store and he tried a few others, they all seemed to do it.

is this normal for vibs?
or maybe it was a bad batch

any info appreciated.

cheers,

Ben

yellahunter
30-08-2007, 07:34 AM
anyone....?

bassfanatic5
30-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Ben,
this has been fairly normal with the 20 odd painted masks that i have brought, certainly don't stop them catching fish though. It's just a pain in the butt if you want them for a non use collection.

Hardb8
30-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Howdy Yella,
This is very common.The trick is to pull them out very slowly.Just keep an eye on the paint work as you go...Easy does it.

As mentioned above.Minor colour loss will not effect their performance in any way.

Another problem you will encounter after a few stouches is,That their eyes will be torn off.This annoyed the crap outta me,So I now remove them (The eyes) before use,Apply a small drop of superglue,And drop em back in.It seems to work very well,And they remain in place.This can be tedious though.

They will still perform equally well with,Or without eyes.
My Mrs reckons I'm pedantic.::)

I've never had any eye trouble with the TN series at all.Only the Masks.

Cheers B8.;)

wheezer
30-08-2007, 07:39 PM
yes common problem, as said before if you slowly and carefully remove them from the packet you will minimise paint loss...i haven't experienced many problems losing eyes, only the one i think...they are a terrible lure though ;-) don't work well at all.....

yellahunter
31-08-2007, 07:13 PM
thanks for the tips guys,

so i guess its just something you have to put up with,
shame though as i love collecting lures,

Sean
01-09-2007, 01:25 AM
Pretty crap though when you pay nearly $30 for them