PDA

View Full Version : Gold coast related question

prawnstar76
29-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Just a quickie

does anyone know if it is legal to fish the "lake" behind the westpac rescue chopper site on nerang broadbeach road

and

does anyone know what sort of fish it holds - as i have seen jumping fish as i drive past.

ashh
29-08-2007, 06:51 PM
there doesnt appear to be a fence of sorts, and allthough it sonly 2 mins from my house I have never tried there either, might be worth calling the council and finding out what its actually there for? unless someone on here allready knows?

maztez
29-08-2007, 07:32 PM
I Think youll find that it connects to the Nerang River .Years ago when the Australia Day celebrations with the Albert Shire Council were conducted there we used to swim our horses in there .There were some submerged obsticles however .You are probably better checking with the council tho .
cheers Terry

prawnstar76
29-08-2007, 09:25 PM
cheers guys - was gonna go have a poke around there tomorrow morning - see if i attract any attention just by being there

anyone else with any ideas?

the gecko
30-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Yes its ok to fish. I had my eye on that spot too, I know the chopper pilot. Dunno what it holds, but it is connected to the river by a pipe. Theres a new access road right next to the traffic lights, but it looks 4wd to me. I havent tried it yet.

Thanks for alerting the whole world to this spot :-)
just kidding. could be anything in there. good luck.

Andrew

gunna
30-08-2007, 10:31 AM
It holds bream and flathead - and plenty of big mullet. Know a bloke who used to go well in there with placcies. I have seen people in there fishing from a canadian canoe. Also seen crab pots in there. I used to park right beside the heli base then just walk the edge casting lures. Haven't fished it for 18 months or so.

prawnstar76
30-08-2007, 06:27 PM
cheers for the replies - had a look today - alll sorts in there - but nothing on the end of my hook - hahaha