PDA

View Full Version : Help with boat inspection quick

joeT
29-08-2007, 04:42 AM
I want to buy a boat that is currently advertised for sale but I'm currently in the UK and not back until Dec. Going to buy sight unseen if the boat checks out ok.

Can someone recommend a good mobile inspection person?

The boat is advertised at a good price and so need someone who can go at short notice (ie. tomorrow, next day).

Did a search of the forum but didn't come up with anything. Boat is 5m aluminium runabout with 75 etec and is located in Coomera. Any ideas?

mik01
29-08-2007, 06:46 AM
Joe,

Call this bloke -

Darren mobile ph. 0419735175

He is based at Beenleigh and charges $66/hr inc gst to comprehensively look over the motor and boat. He will not, however, give a report on anything structural as he is not a marine engineer.

Otherwise, you can look at over $500-600 for marine inspections (think thats what they are called). look the number up - haven't got it myself.

hope this helps,

mik

joeT
14-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Mik,

Thanks for the recommendation with Darren. He was very helpful and despite a booked out schedule, managed to squeeze me in on sunday for an inspection. Inspection took 2 hours was $140 which i think is good value.

I'm now the proud owner of a stabicraft 509 :D

Cheers

mik01
14-09-2007, 11:20 AM
awesome!

bet you can't wait to get back to the sunshine and hit the water?

post up some pics...

joeT
15-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Here are some pics mik... can't wait to get back to see it in person and take it out on the water...