PDA

View Full Version : Live Bait Tank

Stroadman
28-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Hi all Am trying to work out were & how to fit a live bait tank to my boat, am a bit short on room because of the pod & size of bait board but am hoping it is possible. Any comments as to position & size. Cheers

ashh
28-08-2007, 10:47 PM
maybe convert/replace a seat thats allready installed? I mean like have it double as a bait tank/seat, with a seat cusion on hinged lid, proffesionally trimmed to match the existing boat upholstry? probably make&sell em allready retail - bolt in and go kinda thing.
I have a 40litre esky in my 3.7m tinny fully plumed with pump etc. Isnt pretty but does its job and does it well.
Surely youd have pleny of room in that rig?
It may help if you could put up a pic showing the actual floor layout of the deck :)

STUIE63
29-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Has it got a cast deck in it I had a bluefin warrior that I mounted the live bait tank in the cast deck. the advantages were that is where you throw your net and the deckie gets to get the livies as I always sit down the back. a photo of inside might help.
Stuie

Smithy
29-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Where there is a will there is a way! How about taking it to your local aluminium doctor, getting that flat area extended then plumbing up one of those round plastic garbage bins?

3rd degree
29-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Depends on the size you want I reckon!

There are 2 supports for the bait board.

I reckon you could get a fair sized tank fabricated and fixed to the supports to sit just under your bait board, yet high enough so the engine can still come right up.

Nice and easy to plumb there too!

Cheers

Jim

Lovey80
29-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Any reason you couldn't mount it on the far right side outside of the transom overhanging the pod? Pleanty of room there.

Cheers Chris