PDA

View Full Version : A Little Father's Day Present!

Chas & Clarry
28-08-2007, 09:18 PM
There are soooooo many dads out there who deserve a very special Father's Day kiss / handshake / pat on the back / high five or whatever, for taking us fishing and being so patient when we were little.

I want to say a huge thankyou to my dad ( that's you Wydoma) for all the hooks you baited and all the times you rerigged my line when I got snagged. - For all the fantastic adventures and priceless memories. My skills and passion for fishing have all come from you! Happy Father's Day Dad,

Love always from your little girl, Clarry. XXXXX:-*

Does anyone else want to send their dad a tribute for being their fishing mentor?

STUIE63
29-08-2007, 08:46 AM
yeah I will -I always thought my father wasn't a good fisherman until I had kids of my own and realised how much time my rod now sits in the rodholder through baiting hooks, rerigging, taking fish off hooks.you see the bite but its not in your hands to strike. thanks dad and have a good day
Stuie

chillihead
29-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Although my father is no longer able to go fishing with me...I remember all the little things that he has taught me over the years about patience, perseverance, trusting your own judgement...but most of all I want to thank him for being there when I needed him !!

He was a wealth of knowledge, but over the years he hasn't been fishing with me as often as he would have liked to..he's now at the end of his life and I would like to take this time to show my appreciation for all he has done for me!!

So I would say to all out there if you have something you would like to do with your father do it now before it's too late..for all there faults fathers do deserve a special place in our lives...

I am now a father myself and i look to my 2 special girls for support and comfort, there love is so precious to me...so be proud , loving, giving and caring and it will be returned to you tenfold!!

Happy fathers Day to all the DADs out there...enjoy your worth!!

Little grey men
29-08-2007, 12:37 PM
My Father would take my brothers and I fishing on the Condamine every chance he got. He could have gone with his mates or my Uncles but he always chose to take us. We learned stacks from him while out there, away from the watchful eye of Mum...From how to find fish holding spots on the river and fire a rifle and actually hit what we aimed for. It used to amaze us when he would set his line in a particular area and say, "get a jew on that one' and sure enough a jew would be pulled out. He taught us how to catch freshwater jew using a little technique which his Father passed on to him.
My Brothers and I still get a chuckle remembering all the funny things which happened on those great trips. Like the time a big old water rat tried to get into my older Brothers sleeping bag at three in the morning.
We all still fish together, and I've only recently converted Dad into a lure fisherman. I'm sure one of the main reasons he tried lures was to humour me because I'm so keen on it and we chat for ages on this subject.
Now days he get's a real kick out of taking his Grandsons out on the same river.

Happy Fathers day Dad. See you next week to try out that Cod hole you've found

Foxy4
29-08-2007, 06:59 PM
As a dad all i can say is thanks for showing you care for your dads as much as you do.

manchild
29-08-2007, 07:12 PM
My father was a drunken ,gambling womaniser.I worshipped him.
cheers
George

84mick
29-08-2007, 09:11 PM
I have been a father for 3 1/2 months now and I have to say "this is the best post I have come a cross!" I don't get to see my father as much anymore cause he lives in W.A but I do know that he is and all ways be there for me. I plan on being there forever for Ethan (my son ;) ) no matter how many dehooks and baits I will go through!
To all the parents out there I take my hat off for you because you deserve it!!!!

Cheers, Mick.

el_carpo
30-08-2007, 05:09 AM
My three brothers and I nearly drove poor dad crazy but he took us with him every time out. I don't know if he managed to cast three times in twelve years' time with all of the hook tying and knot untying. Thanks dad! ..........and sorry. LOL

dogsbody
30-08-2007, 01:43 PM
My dad taught me to fish and over the years he has gone to the swains. Well this year i did it with him. It is a memory i will cherish forever. Thanks dad.

Dave.

Chas & Clarry
31-08-2007, 06:17 AM
LOL KGW3,

HOWEVER, I couldn't agree less.

My wife started this thread, and I can't really add much because my dad didn't fish, but a few blokes saying nice things about their dads, its priceless.:D

And pretty motivational too...makes me want to be a better dad, reading how important those experiences were for those blokes.

Good on you fellas...spread the luv!!!;D

Chas

Peter4
31-08-2007, 07:57 AM
My grandfather (William Roy Popplestone) taught me to fish, hunt, shoot and appreciate this great land that we have. Roy passed away nearly 4 years ago but all the lessons he taught me are being patiently and carefully passed on to my son, Kyle.

There is no greater joy for a father than the look on his son's face when he lands a big 'un!

MEGA'bite
31-08-2007, 06:52 PM
I wish i could say the same about my dad but i can't, he was never there for me or my brothers.To selfish but i know one thing i will never be like my dad with my children . To all the good dads out there have a great day you deserve it.:0

Chas & Clarry
02-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Hmmm, last time I looked here there were a few more posts, but it was getting a bit heated...I guess the mods stepped in and canned a few to keep it all happy for Fathers Day (today).

Probably a good thing.;) Thanks.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DADS...;D
C&C

Gregmky
02-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Have a great fathers day all you fisherman dads,
Cheers,
Gregmky.:beer:

chillihead
06-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Although my father is no longer able to go fishing with me...I remember all the little things that he has taught me over the years about patience, perseverance, trusting your own judgement...but most of all I want to thank him for being there when I needed him !!

He was a wealth of knowledge, but over the years he hasn't been fishing with me as often as he would have liked to..he's now at the end of his life and I would like to take this time to show my appreciation for all he has done for me!!

So I would say to all out there if you have something you would like to do with your father do it now before it's too late..for all there faults fathers do deserve a special place in our lives...

I am now a father myself and i look to my 2 special girls for support and comfort, there love is so precious to me...so be proud , loving, giving and caring and it will be returned to you tenfold!!

Happy fathers Day to all the DADs out there...enjoy your worth!!

As I said in my previous post guys and gals!!

If you have something that you want to do with your father do it before it's too late!!

My father passed away the day after fathers day.....so it can happen at any time!!

Handyman
06-09-2007, 11:38 PM
As I said in my previous post guys and gals!!

If you have something that you want to do with your father do it before it's too late!!

My father passed away the day after fathers day.....so it can happen at any time!!

Sorry about your dad Chilihead. Really drives home your excellent advice though.

From another perspective though, as a father of two young kids who are getting older at an incredible rate. To all you fathers out there - take your kids fishing and do whatever else you love to do with them before it's too late so that they will have the sorts of memories that so many blokes have related on this thread.

It's unbelievable to me how they pass through their various stages so quickly. I'm currently awaiting the early teen years and hoping they will not turn into the moody teenagers you see so often who want nothing to do with their old man.:'(

Hard to belive at the moment, but I've had plenty of blokes tell me they lost their best mate or little angel for years before they woke up to themselves and by then they've probably left home and are busy running their own lives.

Chas & Clarry
07-09-2007, 07:29 AM

Sorry to hear about your Dad Chillihead, but thanks for your wise words, not just about looking after your dad but also about your relationship with your girls. We hope that you are comfort to one another for this sad time. Best wishes.

It's unbelievable to me how they pass through their various stages so quickly. I'm currently awaiting the early teen years and hoping they will not turn into the moody teenagers you see so often who want nothing to do with their old man

This does happen unbelievably quickly doesn't it Handyman! Sounds like you are doing everything right to keep the relationships strong, that's all you can do...do your bit, and put trust in the relationships!

C&C

NEWBY
07-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Well me being a little brat as a kid (not much has changed either) My dad did everything he could to avoid taking me fishing with him and my older brother. Boy do I remind him of that most days as he is now 73 and has chronic emphasema (yes I know its spelt wrong) And he lives with us and has for 3 years. He gets his meals cooked and does bugger all else.lol. Yep, I remind him every da, not just fathers day.lol Old bugger