PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse of the moon

Gill
28-08-2007, 07:16 PM
I was just wondering if the eclipse of the moon is any good for fishing. I be watching the reports to see. I think the last eclipse was four years ago. Has anyone got any takes on this subject. Good or bad for fishing.

Gill.

Sea-Dog
28-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Just reaching total eclipse now (8:05 PM 28/08/07) Go and have a look outside.

Ooooooh Aaaaaaah !!! :D

Chimo
28-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Couple of moon shots

Cheers
Chimo

Handheld so a little playing too.

Blackened
28-08-2007, 08:23 PM
G'day

I don't really know what effect this eclipse has on fishing, but I do suppose you will be waiting a hell of a long time for another "prime fishing night" if this is the case.

Dave

Sea-Dog
28-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Fishing will be lousy as all the fish will be too busy looking at the eclipse to be bothered with chasing a meal.

Foxy4
28-08-2007, 08:44 PM
I was out there Howling at it and all I caught was a brick that the next door neighbor through at me. Hurt too it did. Can't catch for quids.

But atleast the moon looked really impressive.

bdowdy
28-08-2007, 09:55 PM
it was impressive

blaze
28-08-2007, 10:03 PM
didnt see nothing where I am (near Perth) for bloody clouds
cheers
blaze

Brett1907
28-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Got a photo just before it went red. Other people's house lights started reflecting on the lens as the moon got higher and went red. Spewing!!!

Brett

cqfreshie
28-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Clouds ..... flamin' clouds. Bright stary night all over. Where do the few little clouds park them selves .... yep .... over the moon.

Ah well ..... 'til next time .... if I the ahlzeimers don't get me and I forget it.

Cheers
Graham

snasman
29-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Cant tell you about the fishing but it certainly put the crabs off their food.

charleville
29-08-2007, 01:32 AM
I was at Mud Island when it happened. It sure did not help my fishing for the night.:-[

It sure made the place go dark though after the brightness of a full moon.

B_E_N
29-08-2007, 08:45 AM
wheres kingtin? wonder if he has any good pics of it?

mattooty
29-08-2007, 10:05 AM
From what ive read, the fishing last night was pretty lousy, from queensland down to southern nsw.
Reading a few threads on other sites like this one and its all the same, that everyone who went out last night didnt get fish....(or at least anything great)

theclick
29-08-2007, 10:34 AM
From what ive read, the fishing last night was pretty lousy, from queensland down to southern nsw.
Reading a few threads on other sites like this one and its all the same, that everyone who went out last night didnt get fish....(or at least anything great)I did some landbased around the manly area using SP's during the late afternoon, the only 1 sign of interest was a smallish flathead that came up from the depths. Otherwise, not a thing. Really lame

Little grey men
29-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Spooky lookin I reckon.
I did as our long lost ancestors would have done.
I made a small fire and danced around the backyard with a pair of underpants on my head while chanting.
Just to be sure, I sacrificed the cat to epeeze the angry red moon god.

Nowhere Bob
29-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Excellant work LGM, cat sacrifice should be encouraged- and it worked a treat too.
I was up at about 1:30 and then it was as bright a moon as I'd ever seen. I could see the individual slots in the plug doover in the bottom of the pool.

vinny78
29-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Fished the wier lastnight through the eclipse and couldn't raise a scale.
It wasn't until the eclipse had passed when a barra took a shot at my lure- just as I was looking back to check that nobody had snuck down from the pub to knock off my gear- and missed it! That was all the action I seen all night.

Gill
29-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Spoke to my brother today to see how things went outside the cape yesterday arvo, night. They headed out about 2:30pm and got home about 10:00pm. I asked him if anything special happen around the time of the eclipse.
Not really he said, quite a normal session, Nothing went crazy.
Between the two of them, they manage a good feed bagging out on snaps. Best going 8kg, the rest were well under that, legal up to about 60cm. He did say there was a big kingie that harass the snap on the way up. Recon’s it would have been over 30kg. Monster …..

Gill