PDA

View Full Version : test casting?

Owen
28-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Just wondering how many people do test casts after they do the static load test to determine guide placement.
While I was on holidays I was using the rod I did at the RBW and noticed that I was getting some line slap on the blank. This is probably robbing some casting distance (how much I'm not sure).
I didn't test cast it before I put the guides on.
I'm going to tape another guide on and try it to see what difference it makes, but I guess if I had done that first, my placement may be slightly different on the rest of them :-/
Mind you it still chucks a bait a long way and the slap is not terrible. Just maybe it could be improved.

finga
28-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Yep sure do.
Luckily we have a big park down the road or I venture over to my brothers pontoon to have a chuck.
My 1/2 nut is starting to show sign of getting bashed up. :(

grave41
29-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Owen
Almost always especially when mixing guide types .Low riders and single foots or roberts wrap. Comparing distances down the local 3 footy fields joined end on end. 300 m .Wish i could cast that far.
Graham

finga
29-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Owen
Almost always especially when mixing guide types .Low riders and single foots or roberts wrap. Comparing distances down the local 3 footy fields joined end on end. 300 m .Wish i could cast that far.
Graham
Trust me he (and Ruben) do fire off test shots. You should see the nice decorations in the power lines ;D

roz
31-08-2007, 09:07 PM
I have to admit that on some occasions I havn't, which is rather silly. Lucky for my guide placement was on the money.

It also pays to experiment with the size of the stripper guide.

A mistake there can cost you distance as well. Size does mattter!!!

good luck r.

BenatCoffs
01-09-2007, 02:59 PM
I do too, not just power casting either, flicking for accuracy etc, all gets down out in the street, aiming at letterboxes etc