PDA

View Full Version : my new boat- smiles all round

baitable
28-08-2007, 06:19 AM
Sorry this will have to be the first installment as I have to go to work in 5 mins.

Went to stones cnr on sunday to test the new bar crusher 620C. the overlength is in fact around 6.7 m. BMT mass is around 1700 kg. The boat was fitted out with the fcv 585 and garmin 172C GPS unit and a 150 4strk yam.

Anyway - photos are to come soon.

Test- Initially the barcrusher is a bit funny. It has long had a reputation of a soft riding boat. Guess what - it is. We headed out in the brisbane river for some tiny tide chop. Not much of a test, but crossing the wakes of other boats did seem to give a prelude of what this boat can handle. Unlike my previous boat, upon encountering chop, the boat will make loud noises but there is no slap. the boat clocked out at 78kms/h into the tide.

I'll shoot off a better report with photos later......

STUIE63
28-08-2007, 08:01 AM
congratulations on getting a nice boat mate. everything I hear about barcrushers is awesome.
Stuie

Wahoo
28-08-2007, 06:31 PM
congrats on your new boat, cant wait to see them pics

Daz

baitable
28-08-2007, 07:30 PM
thanks guys...

the fitting of the transducer was a bitch!!!!!

wait till you see the size of the 1kw, had to cut a hole in the duck board so it could fit...

saurian
28-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Baitable, well done, better get some blood on her soon ???
Ta

baitable
04-09-2007, 06:54 PM
finally got the boat home, will post pics once this rain stops. The boys at tstones cnr did a great job on the 1kw transducer install. had to cut a hole in the duck board.

Full review and pics to follow on first blood trip.

Foxy4
04-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Congrats on the new outfit. Very nice indeed and like the others, can't wait too see the pics.
I fitted my transducer here for the 620 and that was a real learning curve for me for sure.

MyWay
04-09-2007, 10:14 PM
congratulation on new boat
bar crusher is very good boat more you use it u will more love it
sand us some photos

no_luck

OZYJOE
04-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Congrats hope to here all about it.............
Thinking about one myself, shortlisted with stabi-craft 589sc.
Joe

baitable
13-09-2007, 06:17 PM
official test run..

Took the boat out for a brief run with a couple of mates and a full tank of fuel. Left port of Brisbane round 1 ish and headed up to the top of cape moreton in ~1hr. Had a slow run out due to the fluctuations in revs and the unfamiliarity of the boat. Was very impressed withe the ride. over small swell to about a meter the the boat would comforatbly plough through. As we approached the rip area near the slamander banks, we got into some rough stuff. Despite working out the trim, we still managed to cruise at ~ 38km/h through 1.5m+ slop. I have to admit, hitting this stuff can occasionally be alittle jarring, but its gotta be expected.. I'm sure give more time and experience, I'll be able to tackle the largish slop more comfortably and quickly.

Rounded the cape, shot out to hutchies and pulled a good pearlie and snapper in 1hr on plastics. Headed home in following seas for a very quick trip.

ALl in all, the boat is great - smiles all round and the sounder - crap itw worth every cent. the FCV 585 and 1kw transducer combo was an eye opener even in shallow water, might have to run a geiger counter over the fish though.......

Cheers

Pics to follow soon