PDA

View Full Version : How have you set up your tinny?

bugman
27-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Hello lads,

Chasing a few photos of how guys have set up their tiller steer tinnies.

What I'm after is how they've gone about Fishfinders, guages, compass, radios etc.

I've just ordered Brooker Discovery and am now planning the fit out.

Chasing ideas!

Brett

Richard
27-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Hi Brett,

Have a look at this thread - lots of great ideas there

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=111925

cheers

Richard

lippa
27-08-2007, 10:20 PM
dont forget to put in a remote trim switch, i mounted mine on the extruded gunnel at an easy arms lenght, dont skimp on the quality on the switch either, its out in the open there.
ram mounts come in all shapes and sizes, use one for ya combo unit, mine ya can tuck up under the gunnel if needed.

cheers

lippa

turtleshead
27-08-2007, 10:34 PM
How wide are the gunnels on 1 of those bugman

bugman
28-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks Richard for the link. I must have missed at one.

Turtle ... it has the wide side decks. I don't have the measurements with me but I think it would be around 250mm.

Some of thosemods are too good to be true but I'm afraid would be a bit over the top for me. I'll be dragging big heavy cray pots over the side and carrying a bit of gear. I'm worried about having things like radios etc extruding into the deck space of the boat incase diving gear of pots land on them or bump them while underway.

Scotty's idea has got me going though. I like the fold away under the gunnel. I think I'll look at a design and try to find an alloy welder down here.

Lippa, I had the remote trim switch on the original list of wants from the deal but I must admit I've forgotten about it. I'll ring right now to confirm.

Scotty - how do you hold - clip your bracket in once it's folded away.

Brett

turtleshead
28-08-2007, 04:43 PM
My sounder and plotter anre gunnel mounted
they can be removed when at home, there is a 1'2''
wing nut holding it therehttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11933&stc=1&d=1188283336.

bugman
28-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks turtle,

How or what do you do with the leads if not using the sounder or when you've detached them.

I'm guessing you've just drilled holes in the plate and having them come up from underneath?

Brett

finga
28-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Yep, ScottyGC's setup is a beauty in my books.
Simple and effective :)
Personally I'd have it pivoting the other way so the screens are still visible when stowed away but that's the only thing I'd change. It's a ripper :D

3rd degree
28-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Yours aint to bad either Finga!

Cheers

Jim

Gill
28-08-2007, 08:52 PM
I have housed my sounder In a box to keep it out of the elements as you can see the 27 meg is under the sounder under the box. The switch panel is in the side combing all wires run behind that to keep it dry . Have lights in side pockets, and eperb up front out of the way but easy to get, need be.

gill

turtleshead
28-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks turtle,

How or what do you do with the leads if not using the sounder or when you've detached them.

I'm guessing you've just drilled holes in the plate and having them come up from underneath?

Brett

Bug man , i made up a carpeted panel that goes from the floor to up under the gunnel, the leads come out of there . This was a quick fix.
Am going to make up a pivoting arm idea instead , like the idea of it being under there out of the way. will be a good project for my new Tig.