PDA

View Full Version : Lures from the USA, do they work?

Sean
27-08-2007, 08:16 PM
I have been looking at some of the Largemouth Bass lures from USA and was wondering if anyone had had any success in oz with them. The main ones I guess are the mouse imitations and the frog imitations....surface lures......Anyone have any recomendations??? I will be targeting Australian Bass. Thanks, Sean:)

gladbream
28-08-2007, 08:44 PM
scum frogs are good for bass in most dams.. are you looking at queensland, most imoundments in queensland fish well on the surface in early summer....

tuppence
28-08-2007, 09:14 PM
why would they not work aussie fish dont know they are made in china!

Sean
28-08-2007, 09:21 PM
yeah, but I guess my question should really read do Aussie Bass eat frogs and mice?.....a lot of the Largemouth Bass lures are a lot bigger than our lures for bass. Sean

bdowdy
28-08-2007, 09:54 PM
yeh sean most usa bass lures are better suited for cod, than our aussie bass as there largemouth are huge compared to our bass. cheers bdowdy

Roo
29-08-2007, 09:25 AM
they have small mouth bass which are similar size to our bass.
A lot of aussie bass lures are US items. Cotton cordell rattlin spots, Heddons crazy crawler, tiny tad, zara spook & puppy, Rebel crawdad...the list goes on. then look at the swedes!!!!do rapala lures work? of course they do. you just find a lure that suits your fishing. I've got lures designed for trout that work on bream in the salt. I'm betting the designer hasn't heard of bream!!