PDA

View Full Version : Ausfish deals?

bugman
26-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Hello lads,

Are there any boat shops in Brissy still doing deals for Ausfish members.

I'm in the market to kit out a full boat with everything and wondering whether it is worth while doing a deal with one place or shopping around individually.

We're talking everything from lights, sounders, gps, electic motors etc.

Brett

DC
26-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Are you coming back to town Brett?

bugman
26-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Nah Dane,

I'm getting my new rig up there so it seems cheaper to get all the bits and pieces up there.

Having said that, I'll be up for a fish soon;)

Brett

Lucky_Phill
26-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Advertisers on this site are Sundown Marine at Redcliffe...

and I think Springwood Marine.

I am sure wayne at S/wood marine can help you out, even though he is a PBA member

phill

Seahorse
27-08-2007, 05:18 PM
i buy bit stuff from sundown marine and say ausfish member and get 10%

revs57
27-08-2007, 06:09 PM
G'day Brett,

Its boatshow time up here. I'll be around the Sundown stand with Penn, so I'll ask the lads and see what they can do for you

Cheers

Rhys

strongy
27-08-2007, 08:41 PM
I mentioned i was a AUSFISH member when i bought my brand new 40 4/ st from Sundown , didn`t make a cracker , said boats and outboards were different to chandlery .;

choppa
28-08-2007, 07:43 PM
sundown haven't done anything wrong by me at this stage,,,, and i've spent a few $$$$$ there over the last few years

they also support the site,,,, so i don't mind if all there stuff doesn't come as cheap,,,,but overall it has so far

choppa

they need a coffee machine,,,,,,,it'll make the customers linger more especially me;D ;D

Great White
28-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Hep another vote for sundown marine :D Mention Ausfish and the doors open, I bought bait board, reef pick, landing net ,SS screws and some other bits and pieces and was quite impressed at the register ;D ;D ;D It was worth the drive from Redlands for the discount.

loophole
28-08-2007, 09:42 PM
how much discount?

Great White
28-08-2007, 09:52 PM
how much discount?

Normally 10 % of normal shop prices ;)

hodges4
29-08-2007, 07:05 AM
How about discount tackle, are there any shops offering discount fishing tackle.
Ausfish is geting pretty big so any shop not offering discounts would be crazy as long as those offering discounts are frequented and promoted by members and any not offering discounts are also named so we can avoid them.

choppa
29-08-2007, 08:02 AM
How about discount tackle, are there any shops offering discount fishing tackle.
Ausfish is geting pretty big so any shop not offering discounts would be crazy as long as those offering discounts are frequented and promoted by members and any not offering discounts are also named so we can avoid them.

good call mate,,,,, but why support those who don't support us?????????

sundown has offered the site and members a lot more than just a 10% discount,,,,i know when i held an M & G up here awhile back,,, they (and a few other sponsors) came in to the event with no qualms and offered freebies and stuff to be used on the day,,,,,, this and a host of other stuff is why they earn my business

choppa

hodges4
29-08-2007, 08:13 AM
Sundown is a bit far for me, I live at Carina.
I've asked Ausfish if there is anywhere on Ausfish where those offering discounts can be listed or can they provide us with an area.
A 10% discount at the local tackle shop adds up over time and it would be a great way for a tackle shop to attract business away from those who won't discount.

choppa
29-08-2007, 08:42 AM
don't forget sundown have a pick up service in place as well,,,, last time i spoke to them it was kicking off and """i think""" there may be plans of a delivery service

don't know exact boundaries but at least there out there

hodges4
30-08-2007, 03:46 PM
I asked Steve Brown/Ausfish owner if there was anywhere where those offering discounts can place members discount information.
He directed me to the Ausfish/Directory tab. I notice Sundown Marine advertise there but no mention of discount.
It would be great if discount % was stated. It might get others on the bandwagon also with members discounts.

Sean
01-09-2007, 01:11 AM
maybe someone should approach a local tackle shop????????

whichway
01-09-2007, 07:20 AM
HI

On occassion I have had to fit out a boat. The best strategy is to make a list of everything you want, make and model + alternative make and model in case they don't stock your preferred items, and then send it to a few retailers. In my case I found Glascraft were the best value, and by quite a bit, but that was before I joined Ausfish, so I didn't try any of the advertisers. I think you will get a better deal buying in bulk than trying to find the best price for each individaul item. You just might need to be a little flexible about the brands you want, because a single retailer may not stock everything you are after.

The more expensive the list the more the discount.

Whichway

Great White
01-09-2007, 06:58 PM
maybe someone should approach a local tackle shop????????

Hi Sean, was at Mossops at the Gabba on Friday and just happened to mention Ausfish and he gave my mate and I 10 % off ;D We both only had about $20 odd bucks of gear and were not really expecting it. The guy also told us of a few good bay spots that I had not fished before, so a big thumbs up to them:D

Sean
01-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Hi Sean, was at Mossops at the Gabba on Friday and just happened to mention Ausfish and he gave my mate and I 10 % off ;D We both only had about $20 odd bucks of gear and were not really expecting it. The guy also told us of a few good bay spots that I had not fished before, so a big thumbs up to them:D

thanks mate, i'll tell my bro, he goes there a fair bit:)