PDA

View Full Version : Curado 300

ian.young
26-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Gday all

Does anyone out there have any experience with the new bigger curado baitcaster, the 300 size? I'm interested in any comments on how it casts lighter lures like Flatz Ratz at snags for barra. I've used the curado 200 and loved it, but I'm worried that if I get the bigger model (which I'd prefer because the capacity would allow me to troll with it) it won't handle the lighter lures. I understand the spool is different in the two models...the 200 has the lighter, bored-out, with the deep 300 spool is a solid number. Which is what worries me.

Cheers, Ian

Alchemy
26-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Hi Ian,

I bought the 300 DSV for a trip to Aurukun last year and love it. It is spooled with 300m of 30lb Tuff Line braid and casts beautifully. I fished lures from B52, to terminators and some small "C" lures. I even managed to cast a 5" snapback on a 1/8oz jighead the other day.

Apart from being a great casting reel, the extra capacity makes it great for using SP around the reefs.

Regards,
Dave.

ian.young
26-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks Dave
That's what I want to hear. I'm currently using a calcutta 400, and while it's a great reel, I find it suffers a bit in comparison to smaller reels when casting for accuracy with smallish lures. But the Calcutta 200, and the curado 200 both lack the capacity for trolling for pelagics. Curado 300 seems a great compromise.

Ian