PDA

View Full Version : Noosa Nth Shore Floods

Slider
26-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Has been a drop here in the last few days. Some gauges have received over a metre of rain since last Tuesday and Thursday nights rain was the most I've ever seen here in a 24 hour period - 20 inches. Not as much as Rainbow and Coops Corner at over 28 inches but substantial never the less. A fair bit of the rain was horizontal so these figures could even understate the volume that fell. The south easter didn't drop below 35 knots for 2 days with gusts to 50 knots and combined with the ground swell has made things fairly untidy. The beach itself is good with not much erosion but lots of debris - mainly plastic. The river is high and has closed the ferry since 2.30pm friday (see pics). They hope to be able to reopen them monday afternoon but there isnt a lot of optimism for that and it'll be more likely Tuesday. So we're locked in - fortunately there's a pub on this side of the river - just have to get back up the beach before the tide comes in too much or be stranded there and the tv is out of order.
If this doesn't bring some fish on the chew then nothing will. Found 1 chopper at the mouth this morning but there should be more as it settles.
Is a couple of pics also of the closure at the river mouth.

lindsay

alfish
26-08-2007, 12:01 PM
looks like a wee bit of water around

al

Slider
26-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Couple more ...

loophole
26-08-2007, 12:45 PM
thanks slider i had been waiting for some one to post some pics of the noosa flooding. that is alot of water there . i am hoping that this will stir the fish up 2

Horse
26-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Might be a few XOS Greenbacks feeding around the dirty water at the mouth when it settles down a bit. Looks pretty muddy at the moment.

Cheers

Neil

Foxy4
26-08-2007, 03:31 PM
That is a little bit too much water for them up there. Wish that they would share it around a bit more.

Awesome
26-08-2007, 08:01 PM
I went to check the floods out this arvo & water is up past the permit office where you get the barge at Tewantin. Couldn't drive beyond that point....too deep.

Big_Ren
27-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Gidday Linds

Thanks for the report mate. Wow that's a lot of water movement:o I'm heading up your way on the 8th with the wife, brother-in-law and his wife for 4 days' camping, so hopefully there will be a few on the chew by then. Have packed a few Sliders just in case.

Might catch up for a beer if you're around.

Cheers
Paul