PDA

View Full Version : Maddock still pushing water over the spill

scoocer101
25-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Hey fella's well i went down to check ewen maddock today. Water still well and truly pouring over, saw a couple eels go over the spill. Talking to a local there and he said that fish that go over get trapped in the small pondage down below the spill and that the locals will be down there within this week to catch the stranded fish with cast nets and release them back into the dam, sounds good idea rather then them pour fish dieing from pour oxygenated water in a couple months.

Anyway he told me that in 3-4 days when the water settles the fishing will be electric in the dam and also in the pondage, then comes along another person who is also checking out the dam has a quick flick and bang hes on, then the fish gets back on, then off again, this happened for the next 4 casts then he gets nailed and this 1 was a biggen gets it to the bank. photo's attached. He starts flicking again getting so many hits then bang hes on again gets it to the bank and pop goes the hooks. This fish was MASSIVE :o much much larger then hes previous fish. It started to bucket down again so we left. It gets me excited to start my bass account 2morrow which i will now:D .

scoocer101
25-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Sorry about the rambo pic of the bass, he was kepin it for his tea so yeh.

scoocer101
25-08-2007, 07:58 PM
pics of the spillway, bass

loophole
25-08-2007, 09:01 PM
where is maddock

childers
25-08-2007, 09:14 PM
good post,mate that is a king size bass ,i really think you did meet rambo ,cheers.

scoocer101
25-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Loophole, Maddock is short for Ewen Maddock dam on the Sunny coast at Moololah.

Foxy4
26-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Sure is good to see that the impoundments on the Sunny Coast are now all over flowing.
Now all we need is for it to happen on the local ones around Brisbane.
I wonder how the Hinze is going after the load they would have gotten?

flyfisho
26-08-2007, 10:54 AM
This would be as good a yime as any to remind anyone wanting to hit it that it is sail and paddle power only , I live only a couple of K's from there and hit it most arvos I wouldn't want to see it closed because of someone being made an example of .
Thats definatly a fat Roed up bass . The fishing will be hot until the Cambomba that is too deep now starts to rott , its probaly starting to happen now. As kids the spillway always has fished better than the basin .

MORFIN
27-08-2007, 07:38 PM
I dont want to put a dappener on your post soccer101 but I am sure there is a no fishing zone bellow all spillways in QLD , not to sure on the distances down stream of spillways but at Lake Macdonald the rule is enforced.

PETE MATE

TIMMY 666
29-08-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure wether Ewen Maddock has a no fishing zone below the wall, but he shouldn't have taken the bass anyway; it's the closed seaon for bass until august 31 and no fish can be taken from rivers, even right below the dam wall. >:(

Its nice to see the dam full though. What was the water level like before the rain?

Tim.

Outdoor Guy
08-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Ewen Maddock always has a good water level it doesn't get used

Luc
09-09-2007, 05:56 PM
The dams and weir with restricted fishing areas are listed on the DPI&F website.

Ewen Maddock is not listed. The only rule broken was the catching of a bass in the closed season.

As far as I'm aware, it's immaterial that the bass cam out of an impoundment. once it's over the spillway, it's subjetc to the closed season for bass.

Luc

bream"n"bass
11-09-2007, 07:03 PM
nice fish mate, ive only really fished ewen maddock once from my kayak with basskid, got a hook up on popper on a toga but he threw the lure back at my face. basskid got a thumper of a bass and i got a 40cm. nice place to fish but would really benefit if you had a sounder in your yak or canoe

lat003
12-09-2007, 01:07 AM
hey is that josh?? in that picture i know that guy used to go to school with him
Please reply