PDA

View Full Version : i need some info for my bowmount please

lenthals_barra
21-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Hey i finally got my 55lb bowmount electric motor and im just after some info or photos of the way you guys have put you bowmounts on your boats. any info would be greatly appreciated. its going onto my 4.1mtr polycraft.

Cheers
Doug

ffejsmada
21-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Well I've got a tinny so I had a plate welded on and I was set to go.

Obviously with yours, being a poly, you'd bolt a plate, bracket or whatever you decide to use, through the gunwale or foredeck.

You attach your quick release plate to the bolted on piece.

Hope this helps you mate.

Here's some pics of mine.

Jeff

Tangles
21-08-2007, 06:35 PM
heres a similar setup with the plate

Tangles
21-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Also Jeff, i would get a small lock that fits where the split pin is, dont want anyone walking away with it if left unattended at a garage mate,

mike

tunaticer
21-08-2007, 06:57 PM
I would definitely lay it along the top of the gunnel rather than intrude on cockpit space. Lots of guys place then straight in line with the centre of the boat and they are painful to work around.

Jack.

ffejsmada
21-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Also Jeff, i would get a small lock that fits where the split pin is, dont want anyone walking away with it if left unattended at a garage mate,

mike

Yeah mate, been meaning to for ages. I work at home so the boat's nearly always in view, but that's no excuse I know!
I'm on hols at the moment, so I'll get one tomorrow, I promise!;D

Thanks Mike I need a foot in the ar$e now and then, ask my missus haha.;D

gone_phishin
21-08-2007, 08:50 PM
G'day Lenthals Barra

My young bloke Josh has a Tuff Tender from Polycraft and has a Watersnake mounted on it's bow by using a plastic poly plate cut to level the motor and plastic welded in place. The motor is then attached as per normal though we did put a screw-in inspection hatch in the gunnel just below the plate so as to allow for through bolting and to make sure we didn't degrade the bouyancy and flotation of the hull. It has been working like a charm for a few months now. If you'd like some photo's just let me know.

Cheers
Geoff

lenthals_barra
21-08-2007, 09:02 PM
thanks to everyone for ur info. im on track now. on my user manual they say to put it inthe middle of the boat but i rekn stuff that it'd get in the road alot. thanks again!

p.s. geoff if it isnt to much trouble i'de love to see ur photos

gone_phishin
21-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Give me until tomorrow night mate and I'll get some close ups for you.

Cost for supply and fit was about $125 but the tinnies are probably around the same.

Cheers
Geoff

stark
21-08-2007, 10:00 PM
I have an AP55 of my polycraft. The book suggest as close to centreline as possible. With the 4.1 this is diffcult due to the anchor well and the foam in side the skin. I bolted the quick release plate near the outside of the well with four bolt passing through the outside of the gunnel so that I didn't have to remove all the foam.

I get a max of 1.9 to 2.2kts with it off the centreline. Too slow for some trolling but great for a controlled drift.

Visit http://www.polyboatowners.com/ for more info.

Cheers
John

lenthals_barra
22-08-2007, 08:43 PM
thanks everyone for your help!