PDA

View Full Version : Cruisecraft Regal 506 1990's era

Vickypoint
18-08-2007, 09:31 PM
I am looking to buy a Cruisecraft Regal fitted with a115 Johnson Oceanrunner. It is a 90,s model.

Could any one tell me what problem areas if any I should be looking at. The rig appears in good order.

Thanks
Frank

BM
18-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Floor, transom, engine compression, power trim, gear oil, internal engine noises when running, gear shifting, open throttle.

Underhull areas for cross hull cracks or hook or rocker. Alloy corrosion.

Trailer corrosion, lights, bearings etc etc

Lots to be examined. "Get a pro and be in the know"

Cheers

fishingrod
18-08-2007, 10:57 PM
I used to own one (1986 with smooth sided hull). They are a good boat for their size. Very predictable and sure footed handling. No nasty characteristics. The 115hp Ocean Runner would be a nice fun match. There isnt a huge amount of fishing room, but the cabin is comfy and the rear cockpit size is just acceptable as a trade off. I had my 80L fuel tank underfloor under the hatches. If the tank is right under the engine well it may be a bit stern heavy with batteries, oil and people in the 1/4 seats.

Pretty much the same as BM has said. I had mine for 10 years and only sold it about 2 years ago. It was well built and I dont know any particular weak areas worthy of special attention.

Im not sure if they still made them much into the 90's. Make sure you are getting the year its claimed to be. If its still got the original manufacturers serial/model number plate fitted (usually the inside of the engine well) the last 2 digits in the serial number normally indicate the year.

cheers
Rod