PDA

View Full Version : Wavebreakers

runamuk 1
18-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Has anyone got a haines V19r with a wavebreaker on it.I have a V19r and am thinking of putting a wavebreaker on it but would like some remarks from people that have already done it.

snelly1971
18-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Has anyone got a haines V19r with a wavebreaker on it.I have a V19r and am thinking of putting a wavebreaker on it but would like some remarks from people that have already done it.

I have seen one done years ago ..but it was not a solid wave breaker...it had canvas??? for the center section ..where as mine on my plattie was solid aluminium..

Cheers Mick

Wayne_Red
18-08-2007, 09:03 PM
I have an aluminium one on my 445 haines, makes a great boat out of it with more room for electronics, inbuilt grab rail, higher screen and a return to repel the greenys.
I think one on a 19r would loook a treat and be very practical.
Hear are a few picture for some ideas.
One is a 17' sydel craft (new 17' haines). A 17' seadevil. A 21' seadevil and my 445 haines
Hope it helps. Regards Wayne

nigelr
19-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Wayne thats a very practical looking addition to your boat.
Would you mind giving a rough idea of the cost, or did you do it yourself?
I'd like something like that on my boat.
Cheers.

Wayne_Red
19-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi Nigelr
I made it myself. just paid for the aluminium, my brother powder coated it at his work. If i had to cost it, roughly @$200 for the ally, @130 for powdercoating and @6 hours labour cost to cut and weld it.
Easy to do if you have access to a tig welder. I made a rough set of rolls out of pipe so I could put the curve into it. Heres another pic of the inside. I made a shelf just above the steering wheel for pliers, line cutters etc etc, very useful.

Regards Wayne

nigelr
20-08-2007, 06:48 AM
Thanks for your reply, Wayne, great piccy.
That's a great looking piece of work, mate, well worth the time, cost and effort, I'm sure!
Cheers.