PDA

View Full Version : Great service at Yamaha dealer

poundalead
15-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Just a quick message to talk about the great service and advice I recieved at my local Yamaha dealer. I went in there to ask for a price on disconnecting and storing my outboard as I am having a pod built on my Centre-console. They were very friendly and spent quite a long time discussing what I wanted to happen with the boat as well as giving great advice along the way. It was good to feel reassured with this advice being a novice boatie at best. Call me old-fashioned but you don't get that sort of service often anymore. I can't speak highly enough of the service and professionalism that these guys give you. I believe IMO that service goes a long way to sealing the deal when purchasing a new outboard. From what I experienced today there is no way I would change to another brand of outboard I just hope that all Yamaha dealers are like this. I know that there would be other people that swear by their dealer and brand its just good to see great service

Cheers Benny;D

snelly1971
15-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Its great when you find a Dealer that bends over back wards to help...we have a Yammie dealer here in the south of they state and they are just the best to deal with...

Cheers Mick

poundalead
15-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the reply mate. Yeah its a good feeling, and I in no way work or endorse Yamaha I am just a dirty old tradie off the street who loves nothing more than having a beer and fishing with his mates!!! Cheers

snelly1971
15-08-2007, 06:43 PM
I became friends with the Manager of my Fav yammie outlet here through him supplying all the OB for the fish farm...Aquaculture here in Tassie is huge and I dont know the exact numbers but it would be up around 300 + Yamahas sold to fishfarms yearly...and they are all sold by the one dealer...Most of the Commercial AB Divers and Crayfisherman/ and Scale Fisherman here also use the same dealer...just goes to show that if they treat there customers right then word of mouth and loyaltity will go along way...

Mick

ziggy.
15-08-2007, 08:43 PM
I repowered my boat this year with twin yammys, really wanted to try the new e-tecs or optimaxs even though i have had yamahas before. I wound up with yamaha again for one reason and that being the yammy dealer were genuine people who could not help enough and the e-tec/mercury dealer was terrible he couldn't even be bothered to give me a tradein figure for my old motors ! So i now have twin 150 yammys and i love them, ten points to the guys at yamaha.

Tangles
15-08-2007, 08:50 PM
So Benny who was the dealer? good to know who they are

mike

poundalead
16-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah mate all I will say is they are in Hervey Bay ;D . In all honesty though it could have been a Honda dealer or a Merc. dealer it is just that you don't often see the level of professionalism and want to make you happy. By the way my outboard has over 800 hrs and runs like a dream. The dealer said that with regular servicing etc. there is no reason that I won't get 3000 out of her( 30 years at the average rate of use per year!) . Thats a lot of hours for a rec. fisho. I just love the simplicity of dropping the boat in, a bit of choke and away we go. Thanks for the reply fellas. Cheers Benny

BigE
16-08-2007, 08:13 PM
nothing but good words from me about my yammie dealer here in bris as well ... he's the near the famous pie shop on the sth side bought two there so far & if i'm ever lookin for another i would go straight back.

Regards
Big E

dnej
16-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Big E,
Yep Yatala Yamaha,couldnt fault them
David