PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to member BM

blaze
14-08-2007, 09:40 AM
just like to say thanks to Nick, needed a reg/retifier for my merc. Did some checking around on price, local, states and BM. Not only did he know what I needed (part number) before I sent a pic of it to him, he also was around $100 cheaper than any where but the state including the delivery. There was a small delay in arival but this wasnt due to Nick but to a aust stock issue, must say though that Nick kept me fully informed on what was happening at all times.
Thanks again Nick
cheers
blaze

BM
14-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Pleasure :)

snelly1971
14-08-2007, 01:48 PM
I had some questions and info recently on a boat that i was going to purchase...
BM and GM were most helpful...so i must also say thanks to both of them...there wealth of Knowledge is mind blowing...

Thanks

Cheers Mick

blaze
14-08-2007, 02:51 PM
there is some good guys out there
cheers
blaze

nigelr
14-08-2007, 02:57 PM
We as site members are certainly fortunate to have these guys aboard, their wealth of knowledge and experience, freely given, is a priceless resource.:)
Cheers!

Homer_Jay
14-08-2007, 04:34 PM
A good time for me to give out a BIG thanks to BM (nick) as well.

Over the last 12 months or so Nick as helped me to no end with my Mercruiser sterndrive. so much so, i feel bad about asking questions. He really knows his stuff. Even in the last week he helped me and saved me having to pay big dollars for repairs.

I only wish he would move up and start work in QLD. I would have no problems taking my boat to him for repairs.

Aaron

snelly1971
14-08-2007, 05:12 PM
I reckon BM should move a little further south....he would be an asset down our way...and i dont think the weather conditiions would be that much different..

Mick

Camo
14-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Nick is a great source of knowledge and it is rare to find anybody in the marine industry that is willing to share there knowledge and experience with others as readily he does, even though there is little chance of financial gain for himself. He has gone to some effort to help me out on occasions even though he doesn't know me and I don't even live in the same state as him. He is often ridiculed on other boards by people who won't acknowledge that he has more experience and knowledge than they will ever have. I have to echo Homer Jay, I just wish he would move to Queensland, he would have my business for what it's worth.

Camo

BM
14-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Thanks lads, much appreciated. :)

But I'm just me, doing what I do. I have come under fire on many occasions from within the industry for freely helping others out. :(

Everything swings in roundabouts and although it was never my intention (on the main forum I belong to in Vic) to be there with the intent of picking up work it has ultimately turned out that way. I started on the forums purely to give a trade perspective and to offer accurate advice (as there is a lot of erroneous stuff out there) and financial gain was not really on my mind, since at that time I was selling used boats and not really offering mechanical repairs.

Just nice to help out really.

Cheers

BM
14-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Dunno bout the weather down Tas way Snelly.......... brrrrrrrrrrr :)

Could easily move to QLD (Sunshine Coast) and until recently we were but things are occuring here and I have to look closely at stuff. Everything is constantly under review though.

It would be a hard slog for at least 12 months to arrive in QLD and set up shop with very few contacts and no customer base (except for Camo and Homer;D ;D ). Not sure if I want the struggle :( But I'd love the lifestyle ;D

On a separate note my DIY Boat Inspections handbook is nearly finished. It has been quite a while in the making but I wanted to get it right with lots of pics and real laymans english so its useful for all. I hope to have it promoted here and on Fishnet too, as well as some newsagencies and the major boat dealers.

I want to do a DVD version as well although the number of production hours is going to be huge :( and with me in front of the camera the number of bloopers will likely be just as huge;D ). This would probably prove more popular than the handbook as its easier to understand something when you are watching it rather than reading it but finding the time to produce it will be tricky.

Anyway, I've rabbled on enough.

Cheers guys

blaze
14-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi Nick
I love technologie but give me a book any day, I can see the thumb prints, hated the day we had to start using mircofish instead of parts manuals.
cheers
blaze

Mr__Bean
15-08-2007, 12:02 AM
Microfish?????

Isn't that what Taswegians pull in over the side, hence their annual trip north?

Or was it Microfiche?

- Darren

BM
15-08-2007, 08:02 AM
hehehe :) :)