PDA

View Full Version : SE 300 Hydrofoil

wazza66
13-08-2007, 08:25 PM
I am looking at buying a SE 300 Hydrofoil for my 40hp yamaha.

Most of my fishing is done by myself and the motor is a tiller steer and I do a fair bit of slow solo trolling.

I think this will help keep the nose down as my boat is a deep vee 4.5m tinnie.

The guy at the boatyard reckons that it is the correct size I need.

Anybody else fitted one of these in this size and what do you reckon?.

Any feedback appreciated as I am will get it this week for the weekend.

Cheers

Wazza

FNQCairns
13-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Yes it may do that, does your engine have hyd trim/tilt? regardless a set of transom wedges will probably do the job you need a lot better.

With a manual engine a person needs to take the good trim with the bad at each speed, some nose up is nice when on a slow plane so that the boat has the right attitude when fronting some snotty waves without trying to nose dive or duck around. Cannot fully guess your problem but if you want a flat entry onto the plane this is fine in calm conditons but can be ugly with manual trim if left the same to front bigger stuff.

Still just guessing.

The smaller of the 2 se sports will suit you - is that the 300?

cheers fnq

Spaniard_King
13-08-2007, 08:42 PM
why not the 200.. the 300 is quite big. I had a 300 on a 130hp.. the 200 be heaps for a 40.. I recon he just wants ya $$ :P

bushbeachboy
13-08-2007, 08:59 PM
I've got a Permatrim on my 40 Yammie tiller, and it has made a world of difference to the little poly. I have the PTT version however, so not too sure how it would go on a manual trim model. A mate has a SE Sport 200 on his 30 Yam manual on a 4.15 Seajay and it works equally well.

Cheers

wazza66
13-08-2007, 09:52 PM
I do have ptt so thats not a problem, and the guy wants to get rid of it for $35 so it seems a bit hard to overlook at that price.

1975fflh
18-08-2007, 09:13 PM
I dont know if its of any help but I run one on an old Coxcraft Rumrunner with a 90 horse Johnno, and I think its the ducks guts improved the planning and handling greatly, however I lost about 4 klm\h from the top speed, not much eh.