PDA

View Full Version : new motor trolls to quick

nipsta
12-08-2007, 07:11 PM
hi everyone ive bought a new tohatsu 25hp and it trolls to fast at idle speed has any got any suggestion on how i can slow the boat down abit im getting a electric shortly but dont always want to use it for trolling if i can help it
please some good advice would be welcome

hard
12-08-2007, 07:42 PM
nipsta
i have a 30 mercury basically a tohatsu idles to rough at low rev to troll so know have a bowmount

cheers hard

Barralundee
12-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Hi
I run a 90 E-Tech which trolled way to fast till I fitted a troll mate from solas. Now I can troll down to 1.5 knts

Barralundee

Pumba
12-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Hi Nipsta,
On my old boat it used to troll too fast so I used to hang a 20l bucket tied to the bow. Did a top job, then bought a sea anchor to do the job and it slowed me down even more. I didnt have GPS then, so I am not sure exactly what the difference was, but it sure worked.

Cheers,
Matt

nipsta
12-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Hi
I run a 90 E-Tech which trolled way to fast till I fitted a troll mate from solas. Now I can troll down to 1.5 knts

Barralundee
i gather it has no affect on the outboard and willl it work on a 25

Barralundee
12-08-2007, 09:06 PM
nipsta

The Troll Mate has no bad effect on the boat at all. Should be available for your size motor. Mine has two spring that hold the flap down at troll speed. Whe you put the power on it flips up and acts like a foil. If the 25 needs less tension on the springs one could be removed

Barralundee

nedoleboy
12-08-2007, 10:13 PM
ive got the same setup as burralundee on my 40 4st yam excpt called a trollamatic.and have advice that different tension springs can be fitted from blackwoods.normal setup fine for my donk.ned