PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to buy.......

Dr_Dan
12-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Have started doing some SERIOUS thinking about investing some of the hard earned $$ in a boat in the not too distant future. Problem is, what to start looking at? Will probably be looking for a max of 25K (or bit more). Main use will be fishing one or two up, has to be able to cope with a bit of inshore/offshore island work, but still be small enough for a fish up the river if need. Looking at something around the 5m in a CC.

Now for the question..... Any comments from anyone who has had experience in boats that fit this description? I recently spent a fair amount of time in a 5mHooker CC, awesome boat! Would be ideal boat if i can find something similar (just have to convince the owner to upgrade to a 6m and sell me theirs).

Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated.

Dan

krazyfisher
12-08-2007, 04:53 PM
I had a 5mtr longboat that was perfect for what you want to do.

Dr_Dan
12-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Any more info??

deadbeatloser
12-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Have started doing some SERIOUS thinking about investing some of the hard earned $$ in a boat in the not too distant future. Problem is, what to start looking at? Will probably be looking for a max of 25K (or bit more). Main use will be fishing one or two up, has to be able to cope with a bit of inshore/offshore island work, but still be small enough for a fish up the river if need. Looking at something around the 5m in a CC.

Now for the question..... Any comments from anyone who has had experience in boats that fit this description? I recently spent a fair amount of time in a 5mHooker CC, awesome boat! Would be ideal boat if i can find something similar (just have to convince the owner to upgrade to a 6m and sell me theirs).

Dan

4.7 allycraft 60 4 stroke p.t.t EFI can c u in it now. 16k 4 month old;D

Dr_Dan
13-08-2007, 12:06 PM
4.7 allycraft 60 4 stroke p.t.t EFI can c u in it now. 16k 4 month old;D

This the same one that you having all the problems with;)

deadbeatloser
13-08-2007, 07:47 PM
This the same one that you having all the problems with;)
the hull, not the motor. yes hav ordered stabi- craft 509w. ;D . yes hav rectified problem with 1200 dollars worth of dual 40ltr rear transom pods. 5.1m. . only have hull to get rid of now. ::) ::) ::)

Dunco
13-08-2007, 08:11 PM
I've ordered a 4.6m Palmco Proguide CC. $18k for a ready to go 4mm Plate hull fully customised. Goto add motor and trailer. I have had lots of little changes and all he says is no problem. Peter just finished his 5m demo boat. Went for a ride last week and it's very quick (38mph - 90hp Honda) and turned awesome for a 6 deg. deadrise. We were in the Ski pond at Ayr and I'm pretty sure the motor didn't slow he just played with the tilt as I was holding on. Save your money and get one of these you won't be dissapointed.

http://www.surland.com.au/palmco/gallery/

bushbeachboy
13-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Have a look at the new Polycraft 4.8

FNQCairns
13-08-2007, 09:32 PM
If you have the slightest interest in longboats IMO you will not do better for length.

cheers fnq

deadbeatloser
05-09-2007, 07:51 PM

Dan
bet ur still thinkn seriously;) thort is a long process

ozvettec1
06-09-2007, 07:22 AM
Hey DR_DAN, I was in the same situation recently and ended ordering a Quintrex 490 CV Coast Runner with a 90 Merc. I had to consider the missus and children so went with the runabout otherwise a CC would have been the go. I have ordered it with a livie tank and rocket launchers, clears etc. The cost was about what you mentioned, with no electronics.
I had a Clark 16ft CC years ago and it was brilliant, even managed an odd trip to North Reef off Noosa. Good luck .
Jerry

Dantren
06-09-2007, 03:59 PM
You could get a new Gale Force for $25K.

Google Gale Force Boats to have a look.

Dan. (I don't own one)

evantep71
06-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Hi Dr Dan
Try this link boats plus (http://www.boatsplus.com.au/) they have all the boats and info. It's great.

Evan

Dr_Dan
07-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Am still looking and doing some research, will not be in the position to buy until after the new year.

Have been keeping an eye out on a number of different boat sales websites, there isn't a hell of a lot around in the second hand market. Might have to extend the budget and get new. Anyone with info on galeforce? Website limited information.