PDA

View Full Version : stress free anchor winch

catfish55
11-08-2007, 07:40 AM
is ther anybody out ther with a stress free anchor winch. after a bit of feed back.
course the people that sell them are going to say ther ok!
like what i see. was wondering if any one has used them in a deep sea situation?
thanks guy's;D :P

Grand_Marlin
11-08-2007, 09:58 AM
I have fitted a couple of these, and they seem to work very well.

In a deep sea situation, you will be drawing lots of power from the battery, so make sure you have plenty of backup power !

Also, make sure you get it fitted properly ... heavy gauge wire (2 or 3 b & s) is expensive, but absolutely necessary to handle the large current draw and high amperage.

If you dont, you will burn out the wiring or the motor.

Cheers

Pete

catfish55
12-08-2007, 07:55 AM
I have fitted a couple of these, and they seem to work very well.

In a deep sea situation, you will be drawing lots of power from the battery, so make sure you have plenty of backup power !

Also, make sure you get it fitted properly ... heavy gauge wire (2 or 3 b & s) is expensive, but absolutely necessary to handle the large current draw and high amperage.

If you dont, you will burn out the wiring or the motor.

Cheers

Pete thanks if you keep the motor running i have a little diesel 85hp nannie that should be ok, you think. thanks for the input mate...pat

catfish55
12-08-2007, 07:59 AM
grand marlin
when you say you'v fitted a couple of these!
were they to your own boats or is this part of you job discription?
what sort of boats have you had them in?
i have an ARVOR 20.

Grand_Marlin
12-08-2007, 08:54 AM
G'day Tang Guy,

Yeah, thats my business - Valet Boat Services, fitting accessories / electronics to boats.

I have so far fitted a Stacer 565 & a Houseboat.

I have a 23 Sharkcat and a probably a 2300 Noosacat to do.

Preferrably you want twin batteries, as the winch can flatten one reasonably quickly, especially if pulling from 100+ metres.

Thats ok, I can fit the twin batteries as well ;D

Cheers

Pete

catfish55
13-08-2007, 05:55 AM
are you local to brisbane, if so could you send me a ph no for when i get the winch please you can pm me

Grand_Marlin
13-08-2007, 07:18 AM
Yep, local in Brisbane - I work mobile - 0419 263 264

Cheers

Pete