PDA

View Full Version : Question

minno
09-08-2007, 12:48 AM
With 20.000 thousands members here, Who fishes the bottom and who fishes the surface.

minno

bushbeachboy
09-08-2007, 06:33 AM
I like to do a bit of both, and you can also add some mid water to that.;D

blaze
09-08-2007, 06:58 AM
depends on species and location, my days often start fishing the top for bait and end up on the bottom for a flattie, gummie or snapper.
cheers
blaze

Whitto
09-08-2007, 08:38 AM
I fish the surface and anywhere in between depending where the Bass and Barra are holding, Cheers Whitto:D

therapy
09-08-2007, 08:44 AM
I'm with Bushbeachboy there. Normally have a floated bait,bottom bait and a light or unweighted(depending on current) as well, or I'm flicking plastics which start on the bottom and end up at the top!!
Cheers Terry...

Tailortaker
09-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Up untill a few months ago I was only beach fishing, now that I've got my little boat I fish both surface and bottom and inbetween although my bottom is not as far down as some. I'm usually only in 10m but this sat I'm trying a new spot that drops to 40m. (hence I said "little boat")
Cheers TT
________
The Cigar Boss (http://thecigarboss.com/)

1lastcast
09-08-2007, 04:20 PM
Tailortaker size doesn`t matter i bet it does everything you want it to do you find it better out of a boat ?

I preffer trolling but also do a little bottom bouncing i generally do a mixture i found i was getting more fish that way and it helps break the boredom if nothings biting

jtpython
09-08-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm like most guys having two floating lines in the current with biats on the bottom wether live or just normal baits , with the occassionlay trolling adventure when times are permitted for it
JT

onerabbit
09-08-2007, 06:52 PM
We primarily fish in deep water, almost never inside 32fthms, so bottom fishing is the go, although I will put a livey out on the surface if current & wind allow.

Muzz

Eagle
09-08-2007, 10:00 PM
We fish the top and the bottom but the bottom in and around Keppel Bay is only around 60 feet on average with a few spots down to 92 feet (green zone). I have a rod out with a floatie (usually a herring) and a handline on the bottom. Would love to get out to the edge of the shelf like you fellas do down near the GC and similar places.
Eagle

bdowdy
09-08-2007, 10:07 PM
go,the surface

Davemclean
10-08-2007, 12:46 AM
depends on the fish, if they are on the surface, then I fish the surface, in the bottom I fish the bottom etc...

finga
10-08-2007, 07:16 AM
I'd rather fish from the top...the snorkel isn't that long to fish from the bottom in anything over 300mm deep.
Besides that the boats a pig to start underwater and takes forever to get on the plane. :(

Oops, just reread the question....oops :-/
I fish where-ever the stinky little prawn wants to go and get chomped.
If it gets to the bottom then the bottom.
But if it gets chomped on the way down then the top I'd say ;D

minno
10-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Thanks boys. I look at it two ways. 1 If Iam going to relax, i like to bottom fish, and if i want some fast action, then tops the go.
But sometimes it dont work out that way. Sometimes you think you have the hole day worked out, and all hell breaks loose. I like those days.8-)

minno

Tailortaker
10-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Tailortaker size doesn`t matter i bet it does everything you want it to do you find it better out of a boat ?

Yes your reight monostretcho, I love my little boat, and yes I do find it better out of a boat, I mainly fished from the beach because I had no boat but I still love the odd beach trip. It's nice to pack the swags and esky in the back of the 4b and head up the beach for a couple of nights.
Cheers TT
________
Vaporizer volcano (http://volcanovaporizer.net/)