PDA

View Full Version : any ideas on what this is worth????

choppa
08-08-2007, 08:11 PM
one of the members on another site has a neighbour with this oldie for sale,,,,, i've put my hand up asking what his bottom dollar is,,,,

funnily enough i also did a google,,,, found one on ebay with a chip outta the leg,,, BUT found a whole lot of info on the manufacturers site

they still make parts for em,,,,,, i'll be

an article shows how one bloke had one that he found ""in the water"" for an untold amount of time,,,, after a rebuild,,, clean out,,,,,,,,,new magneto and sparkie,,,, a couple of pulls on the rope and it started ,,,,,,,,,,,,

i just love the prop,,,,,, thats gotta push water;D ;D ;D

Lone_Wolf
08-08-2007, 08:17 PM
not sure what it is chopps, but do you remember the old seagulls? Looks very similar

LW

choppa
08-08-2007, 08:25 PM
gidday LW,,,, yeah thats what it is mate,,,,,,i forgot to add that part

4hp,,,,early 60's is my guess comparing it with the website

wonder how a turbo prop would go on it??????????

choppa

Fish Guts
08-08-2007, 09:01 PM
it looks like an etec

Black_Rat
08-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Bugger, I was looking for a cheap lawnmower ;D

sharkymark2
08-08-2007, 10:03 PM
My dad bought a later model with a rectangular tank 40 odd years ago. My mate at the time had one that had a clutch as well. His had a bigger prop and more blades and although rated at 4hp still did better than the later model one. They were almost bullet proof. Except when water splashed into the air intake at the carby........... then they just cut out. But heck rather have a new 4hp with fwd/rev and larger fuel tank. Some things belong in the past and this is one of them. Think they havent changed since world war 2.

finga
09-08-2007, 06:55 AM
Believe it or not I have one of those Chop.
1963 model 4hp.
Here's a site to date it
http://www.saving-old-seagulls.co.uk/
I got mine for a cartoon of beer...$150 would be tops I reckon.

choppa
09-08-2007, 10:50 AM
hey scotty,,,,,, how about if i buy this one,,,,, and get your one,,,, you can make a bracket and we'll bolt it to """"junior"""";D ;D ;D

thats what i've got planned for my tinny......twin 15's though,,, its a matter of having the two fitted and getting the brackets/controls sorted out that's the headache

choppa

finga
09-08-2007, 11:26 AM
gees...one tiller for each arm eh...:)
That'll be interesting...just don't sneeze :)

Dirtysanchez
09-08-2007, 01:55 PM
With that prop it would make an excellent petrol powered fan for camping ;D

jimbo59
09-08-2007, 07:56 PM
If you lose a anchor you just chuck over the old seagull and when you finish fishing pull it up and start it and drive home..nothint kills em.:D

finding_time
09-08-2007, 10:32 PM
The council will probably charge you 10 to dump it!

Ian