PDA

View Full Version : Yet another wrappy doova

finga
07-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Gidday all,
This is a wrap I did the week before last and forgot to take some pictures 'til today.
Just another experiment on a two piece rod with a softer shaped butt. I used the EVA just so I could see if I could do some shaping with it..not much.. just a tad

This wrappy doova isn't as nice as Phil's pizza wrap but I'm happy. A lot of mistakes in it but you get that ;)
Cheers then
Scott :)

roz
07-08-2007, 05:10 PM
I like it Scott.

Is it a version of something in the viswrap library?

Is it hard to shape EVA? the fore and rear grips on some of my rods need help. I might be asking for trouble if I try without a lathe....or maybe not.

r.

finga
07-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Yep it was a VisualWrap pattern...kinda...Roz.
It is an altered snowflake variation CRTA16
It looks a lot better in the sun..as they all do :)
And the shaping of the eva was really simple. Chuck it in the lathe, spin, shape with the sanding stuff they use for gyprock.
Would be a lot harder without the spinny thingo under the house.

roz
07-08-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm kinda getting the idea that garden variety sand paper won't do the job...sort of... kinda

r.

jan
07-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Scott,
Good job, looks great. I can see how in the sun the metallics would set it off nicely.
Cheers, Jan.

finga
08-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Ta Jan,
Yep it goes off in the sun with the metallic gold and the white is a metallic as well and goes all pearlie like :)

Owen
08-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Roz,
You could use sandpaper, or a sanding block.
Just slip the EVA onto some dowell or theaded rod and stick it in a drill.
Attach the drill to something to hold it steady and you're away! ;)
Just remember, no loose clothing, jewellry or long hair!

You ought to see the look on a metal polishers face when an old five horsepower induction polishing machine grabs their shirt ;)

Lucky_Phill
08-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Nice work Scott.

Is that a spool of Gudebrod "A" thread I see in the background ? sorta looks familiar........................ ;D ;D ;D

phill

finga
09-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Nice work Scott.

Is that a spool of Gudebrod "A" thread I see in the background ? sorta looks familiar........................ ;D ;D ;D

phill
Wonder why??? Duuuhhh :D
I somebody took all their rubbish with them it wouldn't be so would it??::)