PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else seen this dolphin?

Houndslair
06-08-2007, 05:40 PM
We were fishing around Gilligan's Island off Bribie today when a dolphin with a big sore on its left flipper came up to the side of the boat and almost begged like a dog waiting to be fed. He stayed about 5 minutes and seemed healthy otherwise. Has anyone else seen him? Is he a regular or did we just get lucky? It was quite uplifting and the highlight of the day as the fishing was lousy.

marty+jojo
06-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Hey mate,
I did a post a couple of months back, it was called injured dolphin. If you do a search you should find it, there are a couple of pics attached. Did the dolphin have the top of it's fin missing?
Marty.

Houndslair
06-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks Marty, it wasn't him its a pity I left the camera at home

mako101
06-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Seen the exact same thing at narrowneck this morning around 10am.
Battle scarred dolphin went right up to boat for a pat.
We were jealous!, doubt he could`ve got to Bribie the same day.
Was the highlight of a great day even though we caught over 50 fish, mostly undersize but kept 6 big uns, bream and tailor.

Marlin_Mike
07-08-2007, 05:14 AM
The one with its fin missing is lilly, and she sometimes has her offspring with her.

Very tame and you can hand feed her. Hangs round the bay and brissy river mouth

Mike

SgBFish
07-08-2007, 10:08 AM
There is a large pod between Gilligan’s and Skirmish point and all the adult animals have battle scars. There is one who is almost missing the entire dorsal fin and most have tail fin injuries.

They are always there working that area and recently I have seen some very young ones in the pod.